• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scooped up supper

swampsnyper

435ec34c380de93e2ccf934a5af54a34.jpg

Awesome. When my brother and I were young, my grandma told us she would cook up a turtle if we caught one. We eventually found one and she held up here end of the deal. But, she said to never ask again because she claimed it made her house smell like a swamp. Good eats though.

That sucker stunk. I got him in a barrel and I keep changing the water to let him purge. He is a lot better smelling now. Might clean him tomorrow.

Re: RE: Scooped up supper

swampsnyper said:
That sucker stunk. I got him in a barrel and I keep changing the water to let him purge. He is a lot better smelling now. Might clean him tomorrow.
From whati remember, that takes a while to purge. And they do stink!
I haven't eaten one in years, and that was before I developed my aversion to turtles. So I doubt I'd put myself through all that to eat one today. It was really good though from memory and I have a friend who catches them right down the road from me who swears by them. Of course, he's strange.

BassBoysLLP said:
It helps to feed em out too

How do you do that? And do you feed them proteins or greens? I would think you'd want to get the meat out of them and let them purge out some high fiber grasses and greens. But I ain't too smart.

I just kept changing his water for a couple days. Thats all he needed. Got about a quart ziploc bag of deboned meat.

Back