• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ozone Generator

ADKMtnTrapper

So whats the best/cheapest ozone generator that works?

I am only looking to use it in my camo totes before a hunt so i dont need anything to big and i really dont want to spend more then $50.

Thanks for the opinions!

I have not found a portable one that I am happy with yet, so if anybody has one I'll be interested. I do have one that plugs in that I run into one of the airtight iris boxes through a hole I drilled in it. That setup works great.

I bought two off of eBay that are probably lower quality but seem to work great. They are of the brand name "Abionic"and cost me fifty bucks each. I run them into my totes and they seem to be very effective and cheap.
I really would live to have a portable one, so I'm open to suggestions about that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Best and cheapest is a tough combo. I'd recommend ebay too. You can likely build a great one for under $50 too. I have a 600 mg/hr unit I bought from Amazon for a little under $70. It works great! I also use an Ozonics when I'm away from electricity for long periods of time. They are pricey but function flawlessly.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I've been looking at getting an ozone generator for my clothes/gear totes like you some of you have. Any recommendation on brands or models?

Thanks guys,
Drew

I bought a few of the Abionic models just to try. Been very happy with them, and they only cost around $50 each. Cheaper than what I would've thought, but they have been working great for a year and a half. I use them in the house and in the vehicles too

Do any of you guys have problems with the ozone degrading plastic or rubber parts of the clothes. Ie elastic waist bands and the sort

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Erniepower said:
Do any of you guys have problems with the ozone degrading plastic or rubber parts of the clothes. Ie elastic waist bands and the sort

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't really used it on clothes so I can't answer that, but I have ruined a pair of boots. Some boots are holding up better than others. I really like using ozone so it was worth the sacrifice.

drew13 said:
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I've been looking at getting an ozone generator for my clothes/gear totes like you some of you have. Any recommendation on brands or models?

Thanks guys,
Drew

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Been using that one for the past 2 years and I've very happy with it. I have it piped into an airtight container.

Thanks for the brand names Sean and Red. Appreciate it.
-Andrew

Years ago a friends dad was a smoker and they had a negative ion generator in the house that killed the smoke smell down very well. I'm not an expert by any stretch but I don't believe an IG wouldn't be as good at neutralizing smells in clothes as well as ozone. But I've often thought that if one were to run an IG in a closet or something to keep the space "odor free" then you'd at least be putting scent washed clothes and equip into a clean environment to reduce the amount of additional odor they pick up from the house without the damaging effects of ozone.

Red if your container is air tight, how does the ozone get in via the tube? Seems you would want a vent in the box to allow dirty air to escape as the ozone air gets pumped in? Id like to get one of these for my sons sports shoes. :eek:
Good question now that I think about the science of it. Its one of those iris boxes. I think a little bit of the air does leak out cause I don't have the hole sealed up great, but I think the concentration of air/ozone is just increasing. Not that I've been able to tell but the pressure is probably increasing in the box. If you were to smell the box right after you run it though, the ozone is intense in there. I have a mask so that I don't breath it in, or at minimum I hold my breath and grab my gear quickly.

I wanted one big enough but im concerned that there isn't really a good indicator of when its safe to enter the room. Is there a hand held detector to check when its safe to enter?

There is no way to tell when it is safe. At least with the one I got and it looks identical to yours. It does work well .. I can open the window of my hunting room from outside so I do not have to enter it.

Back