• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

G2-Style Sit Drag on the way to MCDM

Maustypsu

Here is the prize for first kill in the 2016 SaddleHunter.com Winner-Take-All high stakes hunting contest.

Total weight on this came in at 13.8 ozs.

The side webbing I was able to get three layers of webbing thick so it is very stiff.
2e33f0b648169e7fd608f3a693688460.jpg

I added the webbing loops in the back for dump pouches, etc.

02ca145f4d6a238607d30421342adffd.jpg

Of course the belt. I got this 1" version wherever Ken got the Cobra buckles. The belt will only adjust from one side so the buckle won't always be centered on the waist.

4a0008d8ba68812acd78d3c2ae4912de.jpg

Found the 1/2" foam I needed (thought I was supposed to be looking for 1". 1/2" is everywhere.

79277c94492189a0d22f9d93c2f5b091.jpg

And finally the elastic to keep it rolled up.

7b4584a0130634499ed0c571a4c53a84.jpg

Last edited:
Man I can't thank you enough and it was not necessary to do such a nice thing like that. I hope at some point I can return the favor somehow. Thank you again and I can't wait to get out and use it.

Good call on the foam G2. I took this down to The Proving Ground (the swing set). I can tell the difference in that setting for sure. I also turned myself upside down to test the belt and it is great.

It's very easy to pull it tight. Yet, as soon as there is pressure pulling it "open", the buckle locks up tight with no strap slip. I was worried about that because it seems to slide so loosely when you aren't wearing it. I think I will try to get some more of those.

Didn't set it up on a tree. Will let MCDM break it in. But I am happy with it.

That is a work of art. Well done! I was sewing up number 2 the other day and I broke my needle.

I haven't turned upside down in it, but with the belt on, I do think it would be incredibly hard to fall out of it.

I only feel the risk when I'm in the middle of an awkward shot. I know if I started to slip I would have a hard time dropping my bow to the ground to catch myself. Maybe I wouldn't? Maybe self preservation would kick in.

Even if I did slip sideways off my platform I think I would just bang into the tree. Hopefully I wouldn't lead with my nose or my balls.

Mausty,
This gesture epitomizes 1 Timothy 6-18,19
Good man!!!! Next year when you give away a new truck MCDM doesn't get to enter the contest :D.

I'm pretty sure Gucci wouldn't release anything with stitches so awkward. Haha

But I I'm sure they aren't going anywhere. Especially the belt which to me is the only "safety relevant feature" that I stitched.

Each side has two box X's with about 10 stitches per inch with plenty of back stitching.

Huck usually if anyone uses 1st Timothy chapter 6 to describe me it is that whole "babbling" thing...

I'm pretty sure Gucci wouldn't release anything with stitches so awkward. Haha

But I I'm sure they aren't going anywhere. Especially the belt which to me is the only "safety relevant feature" that I stitched.

Each side has two box X's with about 10 stitches per inch with plenty of back stitching.

Huck usually if anyone uses 1st Timothy chapter 6 to describe me it is that whole "babbling" thing...
Lol@ babbling.

Well as expecting I got my sit drag in the mail today mausty did a great job. Waiting on a few things to come in so I can put it all together but I am super excited to give this a shot.

Back