• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting

First night out here too.
3c44cb3e81c51d4a0f0dd0e6d6c0211d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The season opened last weekend but I was on daddy duty.

First time out with the new platform, the new spurs, and a new saddle. There are definitely some bugs too iron out, but so far, I like it more than my GW. Which is hard to say since I've loved that saddle for years.

Good luck guys. I'm out too. Daddy duty this morning then yard work all day so I could get out tonight and hopefully tomorrow too. Finally have some cooler weather.

aba5f85522c5b2b189409353c29d5de5.jpg

Too hot to hunt here in savannah. I'm on daddy duty anyway. Pool time!

I think the meat would spoil too fast if I didn't find it right away. God forbid he runs into one of the 23,748,747,629,759 swamps here.

I like the how you said "he". That's the spirit, teammate!!!

Good luck to those who did get out. Opening day here and it was too hot to bother even prepping a tree.

ugh. no thanks. Every 10 steps I walk through another spiderweb and have to jump all over the place smacking myself in the head to make sure it doesn't crawl into my ears and lay it's disgusting devil spawn in there. I miss upstate NY.

It was 39 degrees. This morning in CT. The weather has started to change into that fall type "thank god" but still limited movement.

It was 70 here with 15mph gusts from directions. I didn't see any movement. Today rain. Staying home and getting things ready fit my upcoming elk hunt

No deer last night or tonight, but I saw 2 coyotes this morning. We can't shoot them on Sundays otherwise I would have a pelt hanging in my basement :disrelieved:

No deer last night or tonight, but I saw 2 coyotes this morning. We can't shoot them on Sundays otherwise I would have a pelt hanging in my basement :disrelieved:

Same here only deer depending on which zone your in and has to be private land only.

Same here only deer depending on which zone your in and has to be private land only.
Yeah, gotta love the northeast. I'm just glad that at least we can bowhunt on sundays now.

Yeah, gotta love the northeast. I'm just glad that at least we can bowhunt on sundays now.

Still can't hunt on Sundays in PA. They'll hold the "title" of last state to give it up.

On a separate note, our elected officials in PA have successfully passed the legalization of marijuana and same sex marriage.

Priorities...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can't hunt on Sundays in PA. They'll hold the "title" of last state to give it up.

On a separate note, our elected officials in PA have successfully passed the legalization of marijuana and same sex marriage.

Priorities...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really waiting for PA to open up Sundays, I've been checking the laws every year. I've gone to NY a couple times after I tagged out so I could still hunt bucks on weekends, but I'd prefer to go to PA.

I'm really waiting for PA to open up Sundays, I've been checking the laws every year. I've gone to NY a couple times after I tagged out so I could still hunt bucks on weekends, but I'd prefer to go to PA.

Wasting your time, Red. Honestly, I don't think there is even much pressure on them to do it. It isn't really a topic in the circles that I hunt PA with, they just accept it.

Back