• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Evo and Xop

kenn1320

Well guys, figured here was as good a place as any. I met BC Hunter today and we brought our toys. He had his xop platform and told me it holds him just fine. I warned him about my bent LW seat, he didn't seem concerned. I stepped up on his platform and it broke. Bad luck? Just kidding it held me, pretty cool. I also got to try out his Evo and that thing fits like a glove. Anybody that has one and complains, saddle hunting isn't for you. That truly is the caddilac of saddles. It was great to meet you Justin. Saddle palooza, when is it gonna happen?

Well guys, figured here was as good a place as any. I met BC Hunter today and we brought our toys. He had his xop platform and told me it holds him just fine. I warned him about my bent LW seat, he didn't seem concerned. I stepped up on his platform and it broke. Bad luck? Just kidding it held me, pretty cool. I also got to try out his Evo and that thing fits like a glove. Anybody that has one and complains, saddle hunting isn't for you. That truly is the caddilac of saddles. It was great to meet you Justin. Saddle palooza, when is it gonna happen?

Haha, I was thinking about how I was going to have to hunt with my steps platform while it took a few days to get in a new XOP seat if it went bad... I'm down for a saddle palooza, still looking for some people to hit up North Manitou Island for some back country camping/hunting.

I'm thinking saddlepalooza will be easier to organize if we do a get together in the offseason.

I posted this in another thread with the same conversation:
I will again offer up a location in Central PA. Stay for free. Fishing season or turkey season in the Spring... Outhouse and spring for water but it does have electric and can sleep 15 people in one big bedroom. Not fancy, but free...

Haha, I was thinking about how I was going to have to hunt with my steps platform while it took a few days to get in a new XOP seat if it went bad... I'm down for a saddle palooza, still looking for some people to hit up North Manitou Island for some back country camping/hunting.

No deer on that island. Better off camping in Ohio.:sunglasses:

I was scared to stand on it, but after you stood on the extreme edge, I felt ok with it. The platform has some movement/flex, but that's with full weight on it. Probably works fine most of the time in hunting situations.
Also worth mentioning is the skate tape Justin uses. Its not as gritty as the lowest tread tape, but grippy enough. It also appears to stick better. Mine was coming off after 2 hunts.

Last edited:
No deer on that island. Better off camping in Ohio.:sunglasses:

I was scared to stand on it, but after you stood on the extreme edge, I felt ok with it. The platform has some movement/flex, but that's with full weight on it. Probably works fine most of the time in hunting situations.
Also worth mentioning is the skate tape Justin uses. Its not as gritty as the lowest tread tape, but grippy enough. It also appears to stick better. Mine was coming off after 2 hunts.
How about Kentucky early season for some fuzzy antlers?

I posted this in another thread with the same conversation:
I will again offer up a location in Central PA. Stay for free. Fishing season or turkey season in the Spring... Outhouse and spring for water but it does have electric and can sleep 15 people in one big bedroom. Not fancy, but free...

Next year im down!!

Im sitting on 3pnts for Iowa guys, probably be hunting there next yr. I can't afford multiple out of state hunts.

well, I would say southeast and towards the center are all really good. If you need a place down there, let me know. Got a friend that is an outfitter. Yes, he charges me too :)

well, I would say southeast and towards the center are all really good. If you need a place down there, let me know. Got a friend that is an outfitter. Yes, he charges me too :)
Sounds good, I think I need to hit as many of these hunts as possible before I make some babies, haha.

Back