• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Live from the tree!

Woah. Yelping gobbling and cutting. Sounds like my turkey cd lol

I notice that they're lock jawed in the spring but as soon as I get into a tree it sounds like youtube calling "how-to" videos (only when they're not in season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice that they're lock jawed in the spring but as soon as I get into a tree it sounds like youtube calling "how-to" videos (only when they're not in season).

It's amazing how many gobblers I see during deer season lol.

Got screwed up by banging squirrel hunters this morning so decided to run and gun a different property. Found a good ditch crossing downwind of bedding. Terrain and cover has it set up like an inside corner. Found the right tree but way to thick in here. Evaluated up to 5 sticks high. It got worse the higher I climbed. Now sitting it my sit drag saddle 12 inches off the ground.

Wind is blowing hard. I hope I don't fall! ;)

Tried out the XOP platform today. Went to an area I've turkey hunted before but never deer. Saw 2 turkeys, squirrels, doe and buck following her. He checked a scrape that ended up being about 5 yards away. Got good footage but I couldn't get away drawing so close. I have a better tree picked out for next time that won't put me right on top of the action.

9c58e28edfe0a9087aa26c97cf94ea80.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had a buck bed 5 yards from my tree this morning. Just not what I'm after, mr. Button buck! Took some video of the little guy. He was a pretty looking deer

Decent public hunt tonight. No shots but a lot of good encounters set up low in the sit drag. This little guy was face to face at 8 yards. This next week should be good for bigger animals. Can't wait!

Decent public hunt tonight. No shots but a lot of good encounters set up low in the sit drag. This little guy was face to face at 8 yards. This next week should be good for bigger animals. Can't wait!

I would have trouble passing a buck. I have not killed many yet. Three bucks in four years . I passed my on my first doe ever. So maybe as my confidence grows it will grow easier. The forum members good example - who pass on deer helped me to pass on the Doe Friday. Result a buck instead

Tried out the XOP platform today. Went to an area I've turkey hunted before but never deer. Saw 2 turkeys, squirrels, doe and buck following her. He checked a scrape that ended up being about 5 yards away. Got good footage but I couldn't get away drawing so close. I have a better tree picked out for next time that won't put me right on top of the action.

9c58e28edfe0a9087aa26c97cf94ea80.jpg

How did the platform work for you? Like it?

How did the platform work for you? Like it?
Yea it was fine. It squeaked a little bit towards the end when I would shift weight so when I got home I put some wax coated nylon washers between the aluminum and the bolt head and nut. I also found out that you need make sure there are 4 points of contact on the tree with the batwings before camming over. If only three points are in contact, the rope will cam tight but not be stable.

Button buck a few hours before the one I shot

Back