• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Water Knots & Tubular Webbing

Twenty Up

Well I cannot for the life of me tie a second water knot on my Sit Drag. I'm looking for some help on how to do this?

I'm struggling with the second end, when I only have one free end left I cannot get the water knot to secure. I can get a partial water knot that acts as a slip knot but there's too much play in it for my liking. How have you guys gotten the second end tied securely in place, with tubular webbing?

I think this is where the problem lies.. How are y'all attaching tubular webbing to the ends of the sit drag?

I tied a full loop...through the sit drag and back to itself. This way you aren't always getting wear in the same place on your bridge.
I think this is where the problem lies.. How are y'all attaching tubular webbing to the ends of the sit drag?

I went with an overhand on a bight knot attached to a biner instead.. Not how I wanted to do it but it's the safest way because I feel confident in this setup

That is safe. Biner on both ends right?
The water knot is for joining webbing together like a sling.
So the way I did it, you're using twice the amount of webbing but without the weight and noise of two biners BUT the bridge can't be removed.
The sketchy part of my method is that you have to clip across both pieces of webbing

I went with an overhand on a bight knot attached to a biner instead.. Not how I wanted to do it but it's the safest way because I feel confident in this setup

justsomedude,

Are there any pictures on here that show your bridge? Thanks.

You can make a loop connecting both sides of the sit-drag and use a single water knot. Sorry if that was already suggested.

IMG_1039.JPG This might help it make sense.
The light tan webbing is the bridge. Water knot and tails on the left side of the pic. It is a long piece of webbing run through both loops and tied to itself to make a sling with one water knot. Then the doubled part gets clipped onto the carabiner/tether

The green in the middle is a PAS girth hitched to a climbing harness and attached to the same carabiner as my bridge.

IMG_1117.JPG The advantage to the tied sling water knot is that you can experiment with bridge length and untie and retie even after hunting with it multiple times.

After I settled on my bridge length...here is a bridge with the Overhand on a bight retrace.

Leave plenty of tail. Really.

I sewed the loops on the SitDrag as shown in the SitDrag mods threads and wrapped it in Gorilla tape. So I know there will be no friction wear on the SitDrag.

AND I BACK IT UP WITH A CLIMBING HARNESS

I can't upload the pics the image file is too big but it looks right compared to others on the internet and it held my weight testing it from the ground today.

Back