• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Copy Cat... Xop platform

halltrail

16b0da83240ddd5eea62599015e5934e.jpg

831bd384b51c044c6c965c59bdfd4b07.jpg

It only took like 25min to make.. I didnt have any Amsteel rope so for now... I was trying to use just rope I had lying around. I however I can't tighten enough to keep top tree bracket from coming off tree under my weight.

Last night I just put an additional strap around the top to hold it to tree.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nevermind i got it... Had to keep rope man from allowing the 8mm rope to loosen up as it engages and also realized the rope level in relation to the platform is important to get right

By the way. I I really like the platform... I will still probably put up two bolts or screws ins on the sides of trees... So I can go balls to wood to relax.

I had a buck come in last night at my 6. I was able to turn completly around with our him seeing me

Interesting setup with the ropeman although it's overkill IMO. But...if you want to keep the RM, don't use the RM to tighten the rope, use a longer "white rope" to go through the carab and then pull it, rather than the blue rope, to give a 2:1 mechanical advantage. It'll get you waaaay tighter than tightening through the RM.

A lighter, less expensive option would be to do same thing accept swap a prusik cord for the RM. It'll accomplish the same thing with less hardware. Or tie a truckers hitch through the platform (add a little cord loop to the platform to keep from running over the square material) and tighten the bejeepers out of it :)

Those are some good ideas.. I'll try a a few.. I initially tried a truckers hitch.. But not in the manner you are suggested.. And I did try a Prussic but the cordage I used wasn't grabbing well. I would but I'll try some different rope today.. Thanks for the suggestions

If you look in the ears discussion you'll see an adjustable amsteel rope I made. It adjusts quickly and holds tight. I'm actually standing on my xop platform writing this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is anybody seeing their ropes chafing where they connect to the platform? I'm getting some. The ridges on top of my xop seat are pretty sharp.

Back