• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Worth it......

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
I know most of you are family men with children so I thought I would share. Last night I decided to take little Ernie out fishing instead of sitting in a stand. I wanted to get him out one more time before it got too cold. He loves going fishing and loves his daddy time even more, but I haven't been able to get him out as much as I'd like. Well anyways, he schooled me with his 5$ Lightning mcqueen rod and a bobber. Catching 12 to my 1. Including his first walleye. 19". Great fish in anyone's book. They don't stay little long and my stand can always wait.
4f135a40fb5657afcb6902888d2ecb81.jpg
6eaee35307f1509a4307401d294156cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Totally awesome!!!!! Nothing else really matters when you get to spend time like that right there.:D

That's awesome!
My kids grew to fast now the grand babies are coming!

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I know most of you are family men with children so I thought I would share. Last night I decided to take little Ernie out fishing instead of sitting in a stand. I wanted to get him out one more time before it got too cold. He loves going fishing and loves his daddy time even more, but I haven't been able to get him out as much as I'd like. Well anyways, he schooled me with his 5$ Lightning mcqueen rod and a bobber. Catching 12 to my 1. Including his first walleye. 19". Great fish in anyone's book. They don't stay little long and my stand can always wait.
4f135a40fb5657afcb6902888d2ecb81.jpg
6eaee35307f1509a4307401d294156cc.jpg

He may have caught 12 to your 1 but you "set the hook" on the one that counts

Good stuff Ernie! Thanks for sharing! How times change! My little girl just turned one. I am still trying to spend as much time as I can (which is not much right now lol) in the tree while its hunting season, but I find that if I'm not in the tree, I'm ok with that. It is a different feeling that I'm used to!

I can't wait to have this experience. Thats a good dad, spending time in the outdoors with the little one. Very cool!!

It really is the most rewarding thing. That little guy is awesome. I can't wait for his sister to catch up.

I know what you mean about the kids rods outfishing the adult ones! My daughters tinkerbell princess pole never fails to outfish any adult she's with!

Awesome! My boy is 9 and started hunting (mentored youth). We sit in a 2 man ladder stand. He's way too young for a saddle. Besides. I have to have control over him and the weapon.

I'd much rather see him score on a buck than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! My boy is 9 and started hunting (mentored youth). We sit in a 2 man ladder stand. He's way too young for a saddle. Besides. I have to have control over him and the weapon.

I'd much rather see him score on a buck than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2

That's awesome!
My kids grew to fast now the grand babies are coming!

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Me too......and loving it. My 12 year old grandson has been deer hunting 4 times and has 4 buck kills includinG a nice 8 pt. It's on the wall in his room.
Now I have a 6 month old granddaughter ----- can't wait for her turn!!!!!!

Memories! Only thing that truly lives on and the most precious gift to give to our kids!

Back