• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My little smoker

deleted_user01

20170217_210620.jpg Thought I'd post here as not to hijack from another members thread..
Planning on electric heat with a programable thermostat and a remote thermometer with probe.dimensions are; 30" × 30" W and 68" to the peak. Still have to install fresh air vent, and exhaust vents....

Pretty!
I moved and let mine go with the house. It's was bolted into a slab. The new home owner loved it.

I'll build another one after I build a house.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.... will post more pics soon. I have the heating element and control box to get and install, along with venting...
Right now I have a lot of projects started but none finished...a couple of the others are priority.

20170226_185001.jpg 20170226_185026.jpg Still have not decided on what I'm going to use for sure on the heating element, but did shingle it, built adjustable rack carriers, and topped it with a crooked chimney...

Did you ever finish this wonderful project? If so could you post some pictures of the inside and outside? Really very nicely done!!!

I did....when I started to season it I used charcoal in an old broiler pan, a water pan and chip pan...ran the temp around 200-210 ° . With a full , large pan of charcoal, I could maintain heat for almost 5 hours. I have not installed the electric element nor do I think I will as I can add 'coal to prolong cure time without opening....I will keep it as is for now.
Will try for pics soon as I'm either working , hunting , or fishing this time of year.

Back