• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Has anyone added leg loops and back strap to sitdrag?

I tried the imthere back rest also. I think I'm going to do the same thing just using two sit drags. One high one low. I could sleep in it also. I'm a big guy and I'mthere and g2 saw me flat against the tree feet dangling and upside down in my sitdrag without a belt and it didn't move. It took the assistance of my feet walking up the tree to get upside down but it still didn't slide. I am adding a riggers belt to mine just as a redundant backup tied into my tether. I also am going to use the sitdrag as a linesmans belt once I have the belt sewn in.
If you would feel more comfortable with leg loops or shoulder straps by all means add them. I can just say that I can't fall out of mine. Without a belt it can fall off if you when unweighted. The only reason I am using a riggers belt is in case for some reason I fell a few feet and the loops on the sit drag broke. The only way I could imagine that happening is if I used my tether while climbing lone wolf sticks and climbed up a stick length without moving it up. The only way I see that happening is If I lost my linesmans rope. The only other time I might have slack in my tether would be standing on the platform to turn around and shoot behind me. Shouldn't be more than six inches of slack but there would be some. I'm not saying the loops are a weak point but I don't know they have been tested with a dynamic load since they were made for ground use.

I've tried the sit drag of G2's with imthere's back rest......I bought the sit drag and going to get the back rest........WOW!!!!!!....light and comfortable

It's an awesome setup! I absolutely love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know more about this back rest. Could someone give some more info? Or @ImThere could you post some pics? Or did I miss this info in an earlier thread?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

G2... put an order in for me. My tax return money comes in around the end of March LOL. Take my money!

I would like to know more about this back rest. Could someone give some more info? Or @ImThere could you post some pics? Or did I miss this info in an earlier thread?

I will as soon as I can.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Mine is a simple strap with clips on each end that I connect to my bridge with Prussic knots made from paracord. I can adjust it wherever I need it. I'll try to find some pics of it.

G2... put an order in for me. My tax return money comes in around the end of March LOL. Take my money!

Ha! SitDrag setups are very inexpensive; less than $100 with everything you need.

You need a SitDrag ($35), 4 foot of 1/4 Amsteel ($7), a cobra buckle ($20), and if you like pouches on your hips I suggest 2 molle dump pouches from ebay ($14). Add in another $20 for all your shipping costs and you're set.

That's pretty much it. You'll have to do some sewing, but you could complete the whole project in a couple hours.

Back