• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Off season plans

-Turkey season starts here in about 3 weeks so fixing to hang some cams around property and try to get me a few thunder chickens!
-.I have also been hog hunting on our club but without any luck so far.
-When May gets here it will be time to start going back to the beach to shark fish and try to land a new personal best from the beach.
-Hoping to change hunting clubs in April and if so I will have to scout it during the summer. Love learning new places!
-Also have to plan a scouting trip up to Kentucky to find a few more places for next fall

Will also do some predator hunting at some point in between my other plans!

I plan on having my Aero Hunter dialed in and the farm I hunt most is going to get a new food plot. 188 acres to tend to. Owners live in Florida so they named my brother and I as caretakers of the property. Lots of work to do. Turkey season April 17th and we have been seeing lots of toms. My brother Jeff, 52 years old, underwent heart bypass surgery yesterday. He needed 5 bypasses. By all indications his surgeon expects a full and speedy recovery. God is our Rock and we put all things in His Hands. Jeff has been making and selling turkey calls for many years and I am his self appointed official field tester. We always hunt as a team. We may or may not run and gun this year as is our style but I thank God I'll have the privilege and opportunity to share a turkey blind with my brother. I'd like to get a few pre sets out too. Climbing spikes are on their way to me. I shoot traditional archery, cross bow, just bought a new CVA Accura .50 cal muzzleloader, and I love poking big fat does with my Rock River AR. Family time is ever important. I've got two grandsons who love to ride the 4 wheelers and both are learning gun safety and developing their shooting skills at the young age of 6 years old each. I plan to cram every minute of every day being productive and loving life because in the blink of and eye it could be gone. I'm also excited about finding this forum of like minded individuals and sharing our love for what we do and forming a brotherhood of good friends here. Everyone have a Blessed day.
Charlie I hope your brother nothing but a speedy recovery. Ill be praying for him.

It's awesome seeing everyones off season plans really cool to see how different areas get to spend the off season. I wish i could hunt some hogs and shark fish sounds awesome. i will hopefully turkey hunting, fishing both trout and walleye and trying out some fly fishing. Im in the process of moving from northern va back to western pa even though i just moved this past May down here so hopefully ill have enough time to scout some new spots too.

Killing pigs and coyotes, finishing up post season scouting and preparing saddle trees, shooting some archery tournaments, huntinG turkeys and practicing with the kayak by using it for turkey hunting and fishing.
Vacation in Florida and making plans for the next President's Day weekend pig hunt at Fort Stewart.

My off season plans...

cc98e36acb99d8b700b6b9227b8ae3a3.jpg

Scouting until May. Turkey hunting then Fishing from Jun - Oct 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I have a new hobby? Walking sticks.....thanks to the beavers!
80d21699b7c5ceef341805bc3fab5f18.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Figured some of you were going to get into customizing and doing mod videos to your dang crocs :)

Back