• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cerakote Carabiner

Tracker15

I had my bow Cerakoted recently and also had my biners done. I'm really happy how they came out. No longer shiny, and tough coating that won't wear off easily. If anyone wants to get there's done pm and I'll put you in contact with the guy.

da996df80d0fdca891ecc54ae9600a86.jpg

Bow (Still need to find time to assemble it)
76b9597f3cf50a51886fa89eb9f47212.jpg
d1ccf76553568c4e350de9d23ac5c036.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/da996df80d0fdca891ecc54ae9600a86.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! I had a bow done a few years ago with kolorfusion. It took forever, literally over six months, but it looks awesome now. It is a lot more orange than the picture seems.

The bad part is, it took so long that I had to buy a new bow for an upcoming trip and ended up liking it so much that I have never hunted with this one.
a5b768a07906b1a46e6dc3c2839477e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That bow looks sick!! I had my cams/pockets cerakote on my Obsession and really like how it turned out.
dd155db58693627212732ac60bfeda45.jpg

Silly question... but what is cerakote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's kind of like paint, only a lot more durable. When you see a camo shotgun or green handgun, it is most likely cerakote. It's generally applied to metal

It's kind of like paint, only a lot more durable. When you see a camo shotgun or green handgun, it is most likely cerakote. It's generally applied to metal

Ernie,
Given that you're covering a lot of surface on a bow, is there a noticeable weight increase with this stuff?

My bow was sanded down and then finished. Weight should be same or close

Well I did mine in kolorfusion which is more of a powder coat style paint. I don't notice the difference, but I didn't weigh it either.

I had to cerakote the cams though since the paint build up from the powder coat was to thick.

Gotcha!!! Thanks! That looks really cool so I'm probably gonna have to do it.

Cerakote is SUPER thin about like anodizing. It's very strong and durable as well. When you see a custom colored gun it's generally cerakote. It's awesome stuff and you can do pretty much anything with it.

Thanks Ernie and Flinging for the def. Looks amazing.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Silly question... but what is cerakote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gr33n it's a ceramic paint. When sprayed normally it's usually 1mm thick. It can be applied to most anything from wood to plastics and steel of course.

I own a cerakoat setup and use it to coat my rifles and knives as well as anything else I desire.

The process is fairly easy but does require time to make the coating stay and wear as it's reported to. It starts with cleaning the part of any oils with acetone followed by heating of the steel if needed to get all the oil out of the pores of the steel. Then it's blasted with 120grit garnett and soaked again in acetone. Blow dry with an air hose then sprayed. Bake at 200-250 for an hour and it's good to go.

Hit me up sometime Ernie. If I can't help I may be able to point you to someone.

That is pretty cool. Got my mind thinking.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

There are 2 methods to cure it. Baking is preferred but you can also just allow it to naturally cure but if you live in a state with high humidity then the latter is really not applicable. Other than that it's fairly straight forward.

Back