• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey season

What blinds do y'all have? We want to buy a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking at rhinos. Well made from what I can tell.

I have two baronett grounder 250s. One was a replacement baronett sent me as one of the hub spoke pockets blew out of the first one. The newer one seems to be way nicer compared to the first for whatever reason - thicker vinyl and the webbing for then fiber pole pockets seems heavier duty too. I easily repaired the first with my speedy stitcher so ended up with two of them. I suppose for the price they are not a bad blind. The function and design is solid and very easy to take up and pack away. I don't expect to have them last for more than a couple of years, but they don't get heavy use other than for turkey season.

Yeah... scratch what I said about baronett... zipper just broke on the door of the newer blind. Junk.

Well it was a tough week for me in the turkey woods but I was able to close the deal in Mason County yesterday. 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs. He's a limb hanger for sure. View attachment 2172View attachment 2173View attachment 2174

Congrats!! That's a great bird! It was a tough week for myself and my buddies as well. Between the rain and birds not wanting to talk it made it hard. Still trying to fill my second tag.

Tagged out in WV!
1f0d45932d05686e2479a92f2f9f808e.jpg

e5262db66e703f32b9535b05fc7936a8.jpg

Awesome. Congrats guys. I went opening day and have missed the rest of the season so far. Been tough weeks at work.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Haven't had the chance to get out yet, but I am itching for a good Tom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back