• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HuntStand

90acdc1ba9288ae9720f3e6bdb6b0274.jpg

Thanks Okie and Sheep. Finally figured it out. Wasn't tapping the icon +. Told you I was a little sloooow. Lol
Will start using this app more now that Internet scouting became easier.

I keep getting this but I have Internet connection IMG_1833.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen that msg but looks like it should just be a setting. Maybe one of more techie guys can help. Otherwise you might try messaging their tech support. The weather graphs on their web version were jacked up once and they responded and corrected them surprisingly fast.

I use it quite a bit. I also use OnX. Each has pros and cons. For doing any kind of "high level" research, I like OnX WAAAAAY better, because of how easily visible all of the public and private boundaries are to see, even when zoomed out. It saves a ton of time. Also, I haven't been able to get Topo maps on my Huntstand mobile app so OnX has an edge there.

However, for micro scouting when I'm picking a property or hunting area apart, Huntstand clearly has the upper hand. It's easier to navigate while drawing lines and shapes, easier to measure distance and area, etc.

I tried using just Huntstand last year but found myself still going back to OnX for finding the places to scout initially.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Agreed with everything here. I use both too. Huntstand is nice because it shows which direction I am pointing, and it is cheaper.

I also use a couple different aps but my go to is Huntstand.
If I am going in blind I use Googlemaps. Place a pin on the map entirely by terrain features without walking the area. Then go in Very early a.m. and pick a tree close to the pin that was placed. I have had good success hunting like this.
I think it works without signal and uses saved coordinates offline...Not sure....I couldn't get cell reception at some of those location.

I liked Huntstand for this past scouting season. I installed it on two phones, and would use one for tracing my routes, which does run a lot of battery, and with the other i would mark waypoints. Then i sync them with the PC when i get home.
I only use the free version, which lacks some upgrade features, so on the computer i look at plat maps for boundary lines, and also use Google Earth and it's timeline feature to see different seasons.

How do the OnX topo maps compare to Huntstand? I use Huntstand but their topo map layer is pretty weak, at least for my area.

I just back and forth between OnX, Huntstand, Scoutlook and just found out about Huntwise. I wish OnX gave you the wind direction like the other three maps I like Huntstand and Huntwise because it gives you best time for the hunting (not sure how accurate it is on all of them, also using the new drury outdoor deer case too this year for best hunting times). I think each have their benefits. The one thing I like about Huntstand is all the different icons that the other apps dont have I like that Scoutlook allows you to add a photo to a point on the map, that allows me to remember the area if I haven't been there a lot.

Hello
Im new to the site but have really enjoyed the great content. I use hunt stand exclusively and have paid $12 or so for the "unlimited parcel info".
Now it has all the public land highlighted everywhere. And the boundaries of course. Makes it incredibly easy to map the public areas. I don't believe this comes with the free version. Or I just didn't notice before I made the purchase. Well worth $12. Also While you have your internet connection you can zoom into your area you will be scouting/hunting, let the map get clear on your screen and it will save the the map at that level for a day or so without a cell signal. My phone says "no service" and can see my position on a clear map. you can drop waypoints in this mode also. I believe onx is bit pricier but it may have more useful features I am unaware of. First post ever I hope I made sense

Huntstand did offer a nice feature showing you the wind direction and scent cone but OnX now has wind direction...however for some reason they don’t show you the scent cone even though they could...its frustrating also you can organize your hunt properties with HuntStand but you can’t with OnX so frustrating that simple things are missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe its Scout Look that does this...if not its HuntStand but I know OnX doesnt but now that they have weather they could...when you mark a sighting it captures wind, direction, barometric pressure, moon phase
Cloudy, Sunny...everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use HuntStand a lot, love the property boundary’s and now tied in with my Wildgame Cameras it’s great. Still like OnX as well as HuntWise also

I have HuntStand and payed for premium I need to get better at using it. I still struggle to keep things organized in it. I used to use the tremble outdoors

I’m also a big fan of HuntStand if you use it online on a computer property boundaries are always free.

I think I'm in the minority but I like BaseMap better than OnX. It's been much faster and more reliable.

I have a question.. All of the public land is highlighted in green on my hunt stand. I didn't notice this until after I had paid for the unlimited parcel info. I was wondering if this is a feature that is offered with the regular HS or if it came with the upgrade? Basically to someone who has not purchased the upgrade, is the public land highlighted your HS? Thanks

I have a question.. All of the public land is highlighted in green on my hunt stand. I didn't notice this until after I had paid for the unlimited parcel info. I was wondering if this is a feature that is offered with the regular HS or if it came with the upgrade? Basically to someone who has not purchased the upgrade, is the public land highlighted your HS? Thanks

I have the free and it does not automatically show public land.

Back