• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

dead horse-best broadhead

noxninja

I am going to get a better broadhead this year. What do you recommend for deer and wild pigs? I am shooting a 27 3/4" arrow 100 grain broadhead at around 55 pounds

You're right in my neck of the woods on your set up. I have been shooting 4 blade magnus stinger or stinger buzzcuts for about 5 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. They have a great warranty where you can send them back for replacement. I don't do that, I just resharpen them or buy replacement blades once they've done their job.

If you stick with the 100 grain, I'd consider VPAs. Awesome head.
Mega tough.

That being said, right now I'm shooting either 200 or 250 grain cutthroats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Slick trick. I have 30+ white tails with them and have a ton of confidence in them. Great heads!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only pulling 55 but have almost 3 inches on the draw on you. Hammered a buck last year with a rage hypo. Was very pleased with the result.

Seems like I switch every year. There's a couple that I won't use again. Killed my first deer every with a slick trick. She didn't go 10 yards. Thinking about Ramcats this year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I use Montech G5's
They are rugged and reliable (being made of a single piece of steel) they cut on contact, and are relatively cheap.

I will second the slick tricks!! I have shot standards, magnums, and vipers. All have passed through and retained their sharpness. No issues with strength and durability. I have had great blood trails with them.

Back