• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

E-Z-V Bowsight

bongo

SH Member
New to posting on site but have been following for a few years. I tend to buy before I think it out well enough. That being said I bought a Truglow Range Rover Pro two months ago and love it but I was on Archery Talk a few days ago and read about the E-Z-V Sight and am thinking about trying one. The thought of getting rid of my Range finder is intriguing. Any one used one yet have seen no talk on here about them.

Looks pretty cool, I think I would still panic trying to figure out which one matches the vitals the best, lol.

I don't understand the problem that these novelty Peepsight are trying to solve. They're really trying to fix something that isn't broken in the traditional circle peeps. If you really want to experiment then by all means go ahead but I see no advantage that something like that easy V offers over a traditional Peepsight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it looked interesting not needing to carry a range finder seems like a good plus and I dislike pins. Thanks for posting it I will probably give it a shot this coming season.

I thought it looked interesting not needing to carry a range finder seems like a good plus and I dislike pins. Thanks for posting it I will probably give it a shot this coming season.

Sorry not trying to bash the product. I guess I understand why someone might not use a traditional pin and peep combo if they have vision issues causing pins to blur or become hard to see in low light. I sometimes forget I have perfect 20/20 vision and don't wear glasses...

Give it a try. Worse case scenario you don't like it and can probably sell it at a slight loss on archery talk classifieds. Those who use on archery talk seem to like it but it also sounds like a few don't care for it.

Sorry not trying to bash the product. I guess I understand why someone might not use a traditional pin and peep combo if they have vision issues causing pins to blur or become hard to see in low light. I sometimes forget I have perfect 20/20 vision and don't wear glasses...

Give it a try. Worse case scenario you don't like it and can probably sell it at a slight loss on archery talk classifieds. Those who use on archery talk seem to like it but it also sounds like a few don't care for it.

I think they are trying to solve the range finding issue here, with a secondary pin.

So I picked this site up and have been trying to nail it down. So far not as accurate as with a pin sight for me but still trying to get used to it might not use it this year for hunting season.

So I picked this site up and have been trying to nail it down. So far not as accurate as with a pin sight for me but still trying to get used to it might not use it this year for hunting season.

I bought one too and only had it on the bow one day. Like you said didn't give it a chance for this season maybe next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Trophy Ridge pendulum sight. I sighted in at 25 yards and I am good out to 35 yards from 15 feet or higher not that I'll shoot 35 yards I just practice to see how far out it would shoot.

I remember when Pendulum sights were all the rage. I would consider going back to one.

I also spent over an hour on YouTube watching all the EZV videos. I wanted to badly to be convince, but I couldn't get there. I'm interested to hear how you guys progress with it.

I remember when Pendulum sights were all the rage. I would consider going back to one.

I also spent over an hour on YouTube watching all the EZV videos. I wanted to badly to be convince, but I couldn't get there. I'm interested to hear how you guys progress with it.

If you want to try mine I'll send it to you when I get back from Denmark. Maybe a week or ten days from now. Send me your address and I'll find it when I get home and you can check it out. I've already put my single pin back on and will not be using it this year. It's the slow one can't remember off hand 245 265 I think. But your welcome to it.

If you want to try mine I'll send it to you when I get back from Denmark. Maybe a week or ten days from now. Send me your address and I'll find it when I get home and you can check it out. I've already put my single pin back on and will not be using it this year. It's the slow one can't remember off hand 245 265 I think. But your welcome to it.

I won't mess with it during the season anyway. I'm already an average shot at best, so switching sights midway through the season probably wouldn't be in my best interest.

Maybe in the Spring? Thanks for the offer.

I won't mess with it during the season anyway. I'm already an average shot at best, so switching sights midway through the season probably wouldn't be in my best interest.

Maybe in the Spring? Thanks for the offer.

No problem any time

I have a trophy ridge pendulum sight I bought years ago. I'm considering trying it again. I truly try to set up where every shot is under 30 yards. The only thing I didn't like about the pendulum sight was not being able to shoot at extended distance during practice. The ezv is interesting. One property I hunt had a buck killed that weighed 282 last year. Grown does there weigh 120-150. Hard to imagine the rib cage area of deer 120-280 lbs being the same size. That and it works on bear also. It may work ok on newer bows and reasonable ranges.

I have been using one for the past couple of months and out to 50 yards it is working great for me. If you spend time with it your brain knows how much animal/target needs to be in the "V" and you make a good shot. Being able to spontaneously draw -fill the V and take the shot without worrying about yardage is a very nice feature. If you want to stack arrows at a given distance a pin would serve better but I was amazed when I went roving on my 3d range and was able to hit the vitals at unknown distances. I also am a Archery Innovations Bow Anchor sight user for many years and know you don't need a peep to achieve accuracy. If someone gives it a try you might be surprised at the results. New application of an old ranging technique.

If anyone has one and doesn't like it, I'll trade you an extreme archery single pin Ranger sight.

I have a trophy ridge pendulum sight I bought years ago. I'm considering trying it again. I truly try to set up where every shot is under 30 yards. The only thing I didn't like about the pendulum sight was not being able to shoot at extended distance during practice. The ezv is interesting. One property I hunt had a buck killed that weighed 282 last year. Grown does there weigh 120-150. Hard to imagine the rib cage area of deer 120-280 lbs being the same size. That and it works on bear also. It may work ok on newer bows and reasonable ranges.
My Trophy Ridge pendulum sight can be locked down to shoot from the ground. It can be ajusted by turning a knob. I have a sight tape that goes from 20 to 70 yards. Then all you do when your up in a tree is put it on 25 yard mark and unlock the pendulum.

I just watched the video on youtube too and I'm not really convinced. I am also an "average shot at best". I could see a lot shooting at the body going on rather than trying to pick a spot.

Back