• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Built in knee pads

They're ok for quick kneeling (pistol shooting sports for instance) but not for long hangs.

I still like the Condor tactical kneepads. Can be removed without Velcro, hard shell

I actually started using a light weight eva foam seat that I strap to the tree instead. But instead of using it as a seat I put my knees on it. That way i don't have to worry about more straps on my legs. Super light.. there was a tree diameter limitation every once in a while but not too often. If it's too thick to reach arms around I'd have too much problems with ropes and tethers.

Last year I got some paints from Kuiu that have built in knee pads. They are not much in thickness and you don't notice them on the paints until you use them. I never used knee pads before. Never felt the need. So I haven't got use to a thick pad. The kuiu pants are plenty good for me. They are expensive like all there gear so I only buy on sale. There biggest sale is Black Friday. I usually wait and save up for then. I quit buying other cloths. Just save and buy kuiu on sale. I love the merino base layers. Slowly exploring other pieces. Little at a time. Love the camo pattern too.

Back