• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My mobile setup

Scott Murray

I put backpack straps on my xop platform and my three sticks nest perfect with the xop. The bag is called the leach and attaches with elastic bands and hooks. I use the x stand back rest with some ladder stands I have and so I had it laying around. It attaches to the Prussiks on my bridge and is a lightweight comfortable back rest even though it is a little bulkier than I would like. This will be my first season hunting with a saddle. I'm going to start scouting with it soon to get more comfortable with getting set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 373
Your thread inspired the back piece. I just had that back support on hand. Im not sure I'll stick with it or that it will hold up to leaning back into it for to long. It just has a wire frame. So far with the few tests I've done, it's been comfortable and hasn't bent.

I might add taut line hitches onto the paracord attached to the back rest to make it more adjustable.

Looks really nice.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Last edited:
I used something similar to that for years hunting turkeys on the ground. It was for and office chair. Lol. I don't see why it wouldn't work and it's light enough for sure.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Nice looking setup, how much does it all weigh? How much do the sticks weigh, how many sticks do you carry? How high do you typically go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Id say it all weighs about 15 lbs with water and snacks. I also changed the back rest to a molle belt that i use to protect my lower back from the platform while walking in. I carry 3 sticks that have 2 steps each and each has an aider attached to it with 2 steps. I can get about 16 feet up if i keep the platform even with the top step.
Nice looking setup, how much does it all weigh? How much do the sticks weigh, how many sticks do you carry? How high do you typically go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back