• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Removing musk from Guido's Web?

Gettin Closer

I was fortunate enough to get a Guido's Web from a guy for one heck of a deal that no-one could pass up. However, it was not stored well and has a bit of a musty smell. I normally store my stuff with cedar branches to give it a cover scent but what about removi g a musty scent?

Hang outside in the sun for a few days, would the carbon powder remove or just neutralize the scent for a period of time? What options do I have to remove (not cover) the musty smell?

I think baking soda may be a good option too or ozone if you have a generator.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It is funny... We get so caught up in the latest and greatest we forget about the basics. I do not have an ozone generator but baking soda is in the kitchen. (I also keep it in a plastic tub in the shower come deer season as I wash with it to help!

Why is it that I forget the oldies but goodies?!? (It is a cheap and effective solution too! Thanks for the memory jog.)

Arm and hammer makes a baking soda based deoderant as well. Is use it year around.

And I think John Eberhart's son swears by a product called Vanishing Hunter that is a scent elimination spray that is based off of sodium bicarbonate that is baking soda.

Back