• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bag Limits!

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
What are your limits on deer per season in your state?

In Georgia we can kill 12. 10 of which must be does.

Unlimited does in most of the state. 1 buck in fall bow, 1 buck in permit bow, 1 buck in muzzleloader, 2 bucks during shotgun season, 1 buck during permit shotgun if you didn't kill 2 bucks during regular shotgun, and 1 buck during winter bow. Now you see how they get us financially. Every permit season you have to pay $28 for the permit, per zone, plus another $28 if you want a buck tag. It adds up!

6 deer total. Only 2 of which can be bucks.- Oklahoma. If a person owns a lifetime hunting license, no additional tags need to be purchased; which are $20 a piece.So it pays to have a lifetime license.

For the low price of $166 resident you can hunt or fish anything in the state, including quota hunt draws.
You can kill 2 bucks, 1 per day and 3 does per day from the third weekend in Sept until the Monday after the first weekend of January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our tags are $50 each. I can get a deer tag for the province... buck only. If I hunt multiple WMU ( Wild Life Management Unit ) I can get up to seven deer in the whole province. In my area I may be able to get two deer with the bow - buck or doe... and if I get additional tags - 2 deer with a shotgun - buck or doe. Each tag is $50.
The original deer tag is buck only unless you apply for an antlerless tag... It is complicated in our province. If my American friends want to hunt here it gets expensive.

Apparently our deer are usually heavier than yours on average but have smaller racks... so I have read.
I think our snow selects for big body deer survival.

I will likely only hunt my county - so I will hopefully get at least two deer.

MS - 3 bucks, 3 does.

Minimum A/Rs on bucks for much of the state is 12" spread or 15" beam.

Doe limit reduced from five to three this past season.

Standard license gets you four doe tags and I believe the hunters choice (buck or doe). Another $10 gets you a quality buck tag (15" min). You can buy unlimited doe tags for $10. Farms enrolled in the crop damage program are issued a number of antlerless tags based on size.

My wife wouldn't be found dead anywhere near the woods but she still gets tags every season!:cool::cool:. You know what that means!!!!!!!

Can kill one buck and as many does as you want as long as you don't go over each county's quota

I bought a lifetime license several years ago and at that time you could kill two bucks one with bow and one with gun.I've been sore about losing one of my buck tags every since they went to one buck rule.

In MD most countys you can shoot 1 buck and unlimited does with archery. After your 2nd doe, you can get a bonus buck tag. With rifle you get 1 buck tag and 10 does and the same with muzzle loader. So it total you get 4 bucks and pretty much unlimited does.

My wife wouldn't be found dead anywhere near the woods but she still gets tags every season!:cool::cool:. You know what that means!!!!!!!
It means that you get to kill two bucks per year with less than 4 points 1 inch or longer on one side:rolleyes:

In my part of NY- bow season- buck or doe. Firearms - buck. You have to apply for doe permits, if you get lucky you can get two but it's a computerized lotto. Muzzleloader season you can use your either sex bow tag of you didn't use it in bow, and any doe permits you have left.

two bucks.. You put in for doe permit when you buy licence... on august first you check back to see if you win a doe tag. its only good for the zone you chose...

In Ohio you can kill six deer statewide, only one of which can be a buck. Each county then has it's own bag limit, between 2-4 deer. In my county I can kill 3 deer but if I wanted my limit of 6, I'd have to go to another county to get the others.

Here in KY in my zone you can kill 1 buck and 3 does or 4 does... that's with buying a bonus antlerless permit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlimited does in most of the state. 1 buck in fall bow, 1 buck in permit bow, 1 buck in muzzleloader, 2 bucks during shotgun season, 1 buck during permit shotgun if you didn't kill 2 bucks during regular shotgun, and 1 buck during winter bow. Now you see how they get us financially. Every permit season you have to pay $28 for the permit, per zone, plus another $28 if you want a buck tag. It adds up!

Wow... what state?

Back