• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scent free storage

Root

What are you guys using to store your clothes, bows, saddles, boots and so on between hunts? What do you do when it rains? Hang it up? Dryer?

How's the smell of the Iris when they are new?
I've got random tubs. Some have been great and some still smell like plastic chemicals after years of use for various things.

I'm not a scent control fanatic. But I put my damp clothes in the dryer on low often in a mesh bag. Then I hang them outside whenever the weather is ok

Most of the plastic type totes I've seen smell awful. Which is why I asked. I have way too much in scent lok on its way and need to find some more options for storage.

Scentlok has a stuff sack. I've seen similar product at MEC in Canada. I'm sure REI would have the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scentlok has a stuff sack. I've seen similar product at MEC in Canada. I'm sure REI would have the same.

That is what I just started using. No air in those

I use the HSS zipper bags for storing my clothes. I don't like the bag I got from scentlok! It's not air tight and just comes with a carbon adsorber.

I have 4 of the iris bins. They are great. I have one in my truck that my saddle and everything else I can fit goes in. I don't remember about the smell when they were new, but I don't remember it being bad and now they have no smell at all. My bow just stays in the case.

I use the HSS zipper bags for storing my clothes. I don't like the bag I got from scentlok! It's not air tight and just comes with a carbon adsorber.

I have 4 of the iris bins. They are great. I have one in my truck that my saddle and everything else I can fit goes in. I don't remember about the smell when they were new, but I don't remember it being bad and now they have no smell at all. My bow just stays in the case.

With the Iris Bins did you order them direct from Iris?? I was just on their and the shipping was ridiculous..

http://www.shopirisusa.com/store-it-all-weathertight-tote-gray

Does $38.99 sound right for how much you paid?

~Hoyt Recurve-Vortex Optics-Sitka Gear-Aero Hunter Kestrel~

Clothing - I put in a dry bag
Gear/Backpack - Plastic Tote
Bow - Bow case

To get rid of the plastic smell all of these items had I left them in the sun open for a week or two, UV light works wonders.

If things get wet, and I am hunting again soon dryer, if not drip dry outside.

I use the ScenTote from ScentLok. It is a little pricey but it works great. Everything goes in there except my bow, which stays in the case. Wash and dry with scent free stuff and then hang outside or in the horse barn for a day or so. It's never failed me so far.

I wash my stuff with no scent detergent, dry in the dryer, put them in ziplock vacuum bags then in a plastic tote. I strategically pack the vacuum bags by how I would use the clothes. Cuts down on bulk and I'm certain they are sealed and scent free till use.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Scent-Lok Carbon-Web Replacement Filter
Image feedack link. What do you think of our product images?
Key Features
Replacement adsorber for any ScenTote product
Turns any container into a scent control storage system
Measures 12 x 14"
Quantity -+
Buyer's Club Info $17.99
Non-Member $19.99

Scent-Lok Carbon-Web Replacement Filter
Image feedack link. What do you think of our product images?
Key Features
Replacement adsorber for any ScenTote product
Turns any container into a scent control storage system
Measures 12 x 14"
Quantity -+
Buyer's Club Info $17.99
Non-Member $19.99

Sportsman’s Guide

I learned this method off YouTube two years ago I let my plastic totes set out in the sun for about a week then go and buy lingerie bags and go to the pet store and in with the fish tanks you can buy activated carbon dump some of that in the lingerie bag and then put in the bottom of your tote

Back