• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing Helium Sticks w/ rope mod & Versa Buttons

Derek0413

I just got all my hawk heliums switched to the rope mod with lone wolf versa buttons. The versa's have the raised bolt head on them. I wish it set flush.

My question is how are you guys packing together the sticks nice and compact and quietly. I'm planning on using a primos bow sling to pack the sticks in and out. (Unless there's a better option). My ropes are a hair under 9' long if that makes any difference in your packing design. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I counter sunk my holes in the versa button plastic It weakens the button but so far no issues

I did a dyi versa button and it is just short enough it still nests.
6a393b69633076acfa062f85090137c0.jpg
5d69eea15c7398d17ec86f904f920a82.jpg
f6739460a21d0519716a89b07dc24222.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a video on my youtube to demonstrate how I do it. I recess the bolt head into the versa

For those of you who use the lone wolf versa buttons, do the hawk heliums not nest together anymore without any drilling?

I have heliums and am trying to determine the best rope mod. Thanks

I dont really want to do any drilling on the plastic button itself, but with the versa button bolt head that sticks up, are people drilling a hole on the next stick for the bolt head to fit into?

Delta, that's what it seems like needs to happen and according to daves video that's what he did as well. It may be nice though so you know your sticks are packed in the exact same locked spot each time.

How are you guys rolling up your ropes to each stick to keep things neat? I've played around a few different ways but none seem exact. Better way you guys can pack em up for ease of putting together?

I like the versa bolt head showing, it locks the sticks better. I drill hole in stick above it. I then lay them on my platform and hold it all tight with raptor straps. Works great

I like the versa bolt head showing, it locks the sticks better. I drill hole in stick above it. I then lay them on my platform and hold it all tight with raptor straps. Works great
I wish I had thought of that when I did mine. A better idea

Delta, that's what it seems like needs to happen and according to daves video that's what he did as well. It may be nice though so you know your sticks are packed in the exact same locked spot each time.

How are you guys rolling up your ropes to each stick to keep things neat? I've played around a few different ways but none seem exact. Better way you guys can pack em up for ease of putting together?

I have not drilled my sticks but i run my rope down to the bottom of the stick and along the bottom and then back over the top. I try to stay within the cleats that touch the tree. I secure it with thread the rope underneath the part running down the stick.

Back