• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Well....I have been converted

noxninja

I built a smaller version of the preachers seat and after hunting out of it this weekend I am ditching my much beloved sit drag. It's just so much more comfortable and easy to set up. No back fatigue and no hip pinchIMG_2465.JPGIMG_2496.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a good draw up for cutting one of these?
Also, anyone have one of these AND a Kestrel? Big difference in comfort between the two?

Mine is just the seat portion. I didn't bother putting the stand off from the tree. It works very well.

Anyone have a good draw up for cutting one of these?
Also, anyone have one of these AND a Kestrel? Big difference in comfort between the two?

53171296a0247e705b0613808646eafa.jpg
. Hopefully you can blow this picture up and see the dimensions.

Mine is just the seat portion. I didn't bother putting the stand off from the tree. It works very well.

The whale tail is what makes it so comfortable IMO. My knees, hips, and back feel more relief. (Something I always struggled with in the sit drag)

How did the bow hanger work out? I like that you have a place to put the Thermacell, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can tilt it at a 45 degree and sit for long periods of time w/o moving. The angle lays my back forward and straight so I am not slumped.

Reactions: PJC
The whale tail is what makes it so comfortable IMO. My knees, hips, and back feel more relief. (Something I always struggled with in the sit drag)

I didn't even need a whale tail. For long sits just taking pressure off the butt with the riding seat was enough for me. I was using it last winter after my clothes bulked up.

How did the bow hanger work out? I like that you have a place to put the Thermacell, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The bow hanger worked fine...it was amazing though how something so small could snag a vine and stop me dead in my tracks to untangle...but that may have been just freak circumstances.

Back