• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yet another lone wolf build - wide base

Is there enough room there to stand vertically and turn on the platform? Sometimes I like to do that with my current platform because it makes it really easy to shoot to the offhand side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I second this. This is the number one benefit of a platform, but I can't see an issue. You have a lot of real estate to work with. It's just foot work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, I don’t think I’d like my feet side to side when turned. I feel like I have more balance heel to toe.

Looks like you just drilled a hole for the leveling bolt?

Looks like you just drilled a hole for the leveling bolt?

Nope, it was already there. I did add the shim washers in haste when I mocked it up and I’ve yet to take the time to put a more permanent metal piece on the post like Ernie does with his kit.

Couple of additional pics. When I have more time I’ll likely cut the round ear ends off. I initially left them to try camming a strap to them, that was no bueno.

a56154a5bdefd2f6d638a67acf9c0c4f.jpg

fbe656a9a0fa8e8b2d071c7f1eb4c250.jpg

eac87d40ba7f62197f998c770feb2585.jpg

I’d note, don’t step on the edge between the tree and the bend on the platform. By apply heavy pressure there, I was able to get the teeth to break loose and collapse the platform.

be500141225df74114f43a2680514236.jpg

I’d note, don’t step on the edge between the tree and the bend on the platform. By apply heavy pressure there, I was able to get the teeth to break loose and collapse the platform.

be500141225df74114f43a2680514236.jpg

That sucks. Looks like prime realistate.

I'm surprised I never had that issue with the Assassin. You'd think it would be the same. I guess I never tried to go around the tree with it.

I'm surprised I never had that issue with the Assassin. You'd think it would be the same. I guess I never tried to go around the tree with it.

Yeah...at that angle he's applying pressure that is pushing the teeth out and away from the tree. If it was cammed hard into the tree it would possibly be more stable. It may be more stable if the platform was closer to the top with the tubing and v bracket in a lower position. That may not work but it's something to possibly try.

I love his idea and it has serious legs!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
are you standing on the post before cam locking it?

Nope. I’ll have to give that a try. I did “reset” it once by putting all my weight on the ameristep with my right foot on the back side of the tree and then lifted the platform up a bit and then pushed back down with my left foot and it really cammed the chit out of it.

Nope. I’ll have to give that a try. I did “reset” it once by putting all my weight on the ameristep with my right foot on the back side of the tree and then lifted the platform up a bit and then pushed back down with my left foot and it really cammed the chit out of it.
I'll generally bear hug the tree, stand on the post with one foot, and then lift the platform with my toe using the other foot. Platform will immediately slip down. Stand on the platform with the "other foot" while maintaining pressure on top of the post. Hopefully this will take care of your issue.

Nice looks like it will work just fine I have an old Lone Wolf climber that I don't use anymore I'm just think about modded up just kind of like that too maybe try the sea does a as a platform now for the till the end of the year or something or maybe tree pegs love the ideas on this page

Any update on this one?

Any update on this one?

Haven’t been out much. Your method of setting it works well, very solid. I’ve recently developed a squeak when stand towards the far outside corner, I believe it can be cured with a plastic spacer between the post and xop claw. There appears to be a lot of metal to metal contact there; everywhere else has a plastic washer.

Back