• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No Shame Coffee Thread

dalton916

SH Member
Sep 27, 2018
I don't care as long as it's black. Cold brew, fresh brewed, cowboy, instant; I will even microwave 2-3-day-old coffee as long as there is no visible mold in it.

No doubt. I brew a whole
Pot at a time. Some times during the summer it might be into day three before I finish the pot. I set it to brew at 0530 on day one then before I go to bed if there’s more than a cup left I set it to “brew” again at 0530 to heat it up for me. In the afternoons/evenings or when there’s just a cup or so left I’ll microwave it.

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
I used to be a black coffee guy, but stomach troubles have forced me into reducing my intake and cutting it with milk. Although, I have to say that I've grown to prefer it that way.

I've done the Bunn thing, had a bialetti, own a French press, but am currently using a pour-over funnel.

Screenshot_20220926-060343_Gallery.jpg

Mainly because it's the biggest PITA and it helps me limit consumption.

Sbrammer

SH Member
Nov 30, 2019
Roanoke, Va.
I fresh grind mine every morning but I'm not picky about brand. Hot and black is the only way I enjoy it. I'll also take a cup of McDonalds coffee over a Starbucks every time.
McDonalds used to be my favorite as well. But Hardees or Carl's Jr. has taken over that top spot for me. Not sure if you have one in your area or not.

Reactions: boyne bowhunter

Iron_llama

Aug 4, 2020
NW MN
I used to be a black coffee guy, but stomach troubles have forced me into reducing my intake and cutting it with milk. Although, I have to say that I've grown to prefer it that way.

I've done the Bunn thing, had a bialetti, own a French press, but am currently using a pour-over funnel.

View attachment 72290

Mainly because it's the biggest PITA and it helps me limit consumption.
The past few years I've been 'voluntold' on a number of 30-day assignments away from home. One of the hotels used COVID as an excuse to pull the coffee urn out of the lobby. I was on overnights and a single crappy K-cup wasn't going to cut it. Now, I travel with an electric kettle and Melitta pour-over coffee maker. 3 scoops fills up my 20oz Kleen Kanteen travel mug. Life is much, much better thus equipped.

kbetts

SH Member
Oct 13, 2015
Delaware
Better to burn out than fade away. I drank 60 years worth of coffee and beer at my last job. Paying the price now.

I fully aim to be dead of too much living before 50. ;)

Well, Yuengling will kill you and 50 is too young to die. We're just now settling in to the dangerous condition of still being young and fit enough, while having a strong resume of past experience to draw from.

We're in our freaking prime, bud.

Reactions: BTaylor and skell

gjs4

Dec 23, 2018
04d5c43b5ec713aab98073f525f70cd0.jpg

Best money spent in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beacher

Sep 24, 2022
For those bold coffee drinkers worried about breath scent, I'm prototyping some Doe Estrus stir sticks. Having trouble getting test volunteers though so I can get it launched

• Haha
Reactions: Red Beard

BTaylor

SH Member
Oct 23, 2019
Central Arkansas
For those bold coffee drinkers worried about breath scent, I'm prototyping some Doe Estrus stir sticks. Having trouble getting test volunteers though so I can get it launched
Bold coffee drinkers drink black coffee and have no need for a freakin twizzly stick for stirrin. Market them as tooth picks and I am down to try 'em out. ;)

bowhunthard88

SH Member
Apr 9, 2020
Dingmans Ferry, PA
Black Rifle AK47 or Maxwell House Columbian, preferred, but I'll drink anything that isn't weak or doesn't taste burnt. I kinda prefer my coffee a little muddy... A little cinnamon and a pinch of salt in the filter, if I have time, I'm around the house, and I'm making a full fresh pot lol. Always a little bit of milk or half-and-half, just enough to cut the temperature. If I'm feeling frisky and I need a little more kick or energy, a splash of maple syrup, or heck, any pancake syrup haha! A standard coffee pot, a Bunn coffee maker, a Keurig, and my Aeropress; that's what is readily available! I do keep looking at French presses, though...

In the woods, or camping, I love my Aeropress in a 3 minute full steep, with a slow press through a stainless filter! Not really a fan of most instant coffee!

hokiehunter373

Jan 14, 2019
Maryland
Black Rifle AK47 or Maxwell House Columbian, preferred, but I'll drink anything that isn't weak or doesn't taste burnt. I kinda prefer my coffee a little muddy... A little cinnamon and a pinch of salt in the filter, if I have time, I'm around the house, and I'm making a full fresh pot lol. Always a little bit of milk or half-and-half, just enough to cut the temperature. If I'm feeling frisky and I need a little more kick or energy, a splash of maple syrup, or heck, any pancake syrup haha! A standard coffee pot, a Bunn coffee maker, a Keurig, and my Aeropress; that's what is readily available! I do keep looking at French presses, though...

In the woods, or camping, I love my Aeropress in a 3 minute full steep, with a slow press through a stainless filter! Not really a fan of most instant coffee!
Just get the french press already lol. They're worth it

Reactions: bowhunthard88