• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HANGIN OUT in INDIANA

day 1 of 2017 pheasant hunting & Super Girl put (3) birds in the air a hen & these two roosters.............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 day 1 pheasants.jpg
    2017 day 1 pheasants.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 38
Is there anything that dog doesn’t do??

thank guys appreciated..........I didn't wanna brag about her to much BUT shes the REAL DEAL my friends..........going out with my dad tomorrow for round two.....I got all his guns at my house so I got his Remy 870 pump out put the 28" mod barrel on it to match my Benelli with the mod choke....GAME ON!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 shotguns.jpg
    2017 shotguns.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 24
day 2 with my dad Super Girl put (4) birds in the air the first bird off the ground was a rooster & I told my dad he could shoot first but he didn't hear it cackle and he thought it was a hen so he didn't shoot.........the other three were hens and we chose not to shoot hens because its state law BUT u are allowed at this property because they are left over birds from the put & take hunts from the prior 10 days..........

either way today day 3 I went alone with Super Girl and she hunted harder then ever......the first bird was a rooster she literally hot trailed for over 600+ yards thru 4 ft brush before it broke and I slung lead three times @ 25/30/35 yards & watched it fly away and land in a tree......hahahahaahha..........the under brush is so light they can run far & fast.....I took a pic as seen below & no I didn't blow it out of the tree either.......hahahahahaa......BUT I did decide that since its legal to take hens after the put & take hunts & as hard as my dog is hunting I'm not passin them any more and shot the next two off the ground at 20 yards and about 30 yards.....so in three days thats 10 birds off the ground which I have shot @ 5 & took 4 thus far....BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

p.s talked with some guys with Springer Spaniels and they had two dogs with no birds and were crying about not seeing any...........makes me appreciate my Super Girl even more..........BET!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 rooster tree.jpg
    2017 rooster tree.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2017 day 3 hens 2.jpg
    2017 day 3 hens 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
every hunter with dogs or not that we talked with hadn't seen birds which doesn't make sense BUT day 4 after the 9 day put & take hunt and shes still bangin the birds out even with sore undersides to her ears from the brush........she put a rooster in the air within 15 minutes out of the truck and two hours later we had three one shot wonders in the bag with two more hens so we had three birds in the first two hours.........went back to the truck to get a drink rest the dog a minute then drove two hundred yards down further parked the trucks went back out in the same field just further down a bit and watched her put another rooster in the air which my dad shot at & missed then I did as well......further down the field she puts another rooster in the air my dad shoots then me and we see feathers but it keeps flying........then right next to me a hen breaks out from the gun fire I duck my dad shoots and misses her.........we see where the rooster and the hen go about 300 yards to the west........we make a U back to the truck & get to where the rooster went down & the dog goes hot immediately and runs the rooster right at us & catches the rooster on the ground as it was hit from our shots we had just taken about 20 minutes prior when we seen feathers and couldn't fly anymore so it was actually a great recovery by my dog........so we had our bag limit and called it a day.........then walking out she jumps another rooster we watched fly right by us..........so in 4 hours she put a total of 7 birds in the air 6 shot at & 4 taken to make a great day in the field...........SUPER GIRL gets the next 4 days off heeling up her ears............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
bumped a doe & a buck when I went over to hunt across the lake today...still got up in the Guidos and hunted....may have to stop chasing KITTY KATS on the weekends so I can get up early enough to bag a buck!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0002[1].jpg
    IMG_0002[1].jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 18
went across the lake & did a 6 hour sit in the Guidos Sunday & seen squirrels, sea gulls, chipmunks & an eagle....NO DEER.......today I met my dad for day 5 chasing pheasants.......we hunted the field she put 7 in the air the other day but NO BIRDS......went across the street and she had a hen in the air within 5 minutes that I missed & another rooster in the air within 5 minutes of that we couldn't shoot at then about 30 minutes after that another hen I took at about 20 yards first bang............we moved to the other side of the park and it took 40 minutes but she put a hen in the air we couldn't shoot at then 20 minutes later a rooster i waited for my dad to shoot at & he missed so I unloaded my gun & missed as it passed right in front of both of us at about 30 yards.........the next hen my dad took first bang............so she put 6 birds in the air we shot at 4 & took 2........wind was 15 MPH all day so SUPER GIRL KICKED A$$ hunted hard for 6 good hours but our shooting wasn't up to par for her today that's for sure..........either way another great day in the field..............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! :sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 day 5 2 hens 1.jpg
    2017 day 5 2 hens 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
day 6 and we went back at it but my dad took the day off..........first field she put a rooster in the air in 5 minutes and I missed it....20 minutes later she puts a hen in the air and I missed it...........she comes back looking at me like she needs to be shooting the gun as well......hahahahaha.....next field she puts a rooster in the air in about 30 minutes and I take him with a one shot wonder.......we move to another field we hadn't been in yet and in 10 minutes shes got a rooster in the air and I take him with a one shot wonder so we had our limit........before we can leave the spot the rooster went down she goes hot again and within 2 minutes shes got a hen in the air........we make a U back to the truck and about 15 minutes after the hen another rooster goes up.........so in 3.5 hours she put another 6 birds in the air I shot at 4 missed two and took the two roosters....winds were 15+ MPH and SUPER GIRL pulled it off again.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!! :sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 day 6 1 1.jpg
    2017 day 6 1 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 2017 day 6 1 2.jpg
    2017 day 6 1 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 2017 day 6 2 2.jpg
    2017 day 6 2 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
here is the 4ft tall minimum stuff shes finding & flushing the birds in..then finding them after the shot....that's eye level & I'm 5 11.....cant keep a BAD GIRL down!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 field shot phesant hunt.jpg
    2017 field shot phesant hunt.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 15
day 7 we hit the field at 1030 she had a rooster in the air 20 minutes later that I missed........20 minutes later she puts another rooster in the air I hit with a one shot wonder........30 minutes after that another rooster I miss...........we moved to another field and about 15 minutes in she puts a hen in the air I let go.......we move again to a field on the other side of the park and it was the first field she has never got a bird in at all......went back to the other s...ide of the park and she puts two more roosters in the air I cant shoot at as she got a bit to far with the weeds and wind when they left the ground so I didn't shoot.........so she put 6 birds in the air shot at 3 and took 1......we hunted from 1030 to 530 & it was worth every minute watching SUPER GIRL chase these birds down & put them in the air..........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 day 7 1.JPG
    2017 day 7 1.JPG
    674.8 KB · Views: 21
last Friday day 8 Super Girl put 2 roosters in the air and I missed them both.....we ended the day with a ZERO thx to my shooting or lack there of.....hahahaha......went back out today day 9 and she put a hen in the air 15 minutes out of the truck and I missed that bird.......15 minutes later she put a rooster in the air that I couldn't shoot at.....then 15 minutes after that she had another hen in the air I took with one shot...........figured out I stopped leading the birds enough & got back on track.....so today she put 3 in the air shot at 2 & took 1......also caught this opossum out in a field getting a drink out of this hole....he freaked out right after this pic when he realized I was there & darted into the water hole...BANG BANG!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 day 9 1.JPG
    2017 day 9 1.JPG
    715.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2017 opp day 9 pheasants.JPG
    2017 opp day 9 pheasants.JPG
    693.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Super Girls pheasant totals for the year
Roosters in the air 22
Hens in the air 19
Total birds in the air 41
Shot birds 14

another great year for birds even with my sad shooting this season....hahahahahahaha........BET!!!!!!:sunglasses:

two nights ago I thought I heard coyotes in my back yard BUT also thought I had coyote fever.......went to the back garage door & there one was and my dog bolted after it but it ran & the other I could hear over in my neighbors yard as they were after another neighbors further over small dogs which were out & barking........all of our houses are on the lake so the coyotes travel right through the yards all night long..........this was my first encounter though to see them two nights ago......tonight I hear my dog going absolutely nuts so I grab the shotty with the red light ready & loaded.....I knew if she was right at or just inside the back garage door & barking that it was another dog or a coyote......got to the back garage door lit the light scanned & there it was 40 yards right towards the lake........soon as the light hit the coyote it ran about 10 yards & I lit the thing up with the Benelli & load of 3" Dead Coyote T shot...........it folded up immediately DRT...........needless to say my dog was ecstatic bangin one in her own back yard.......hahahahahahaha...............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• Super Girl .JPG
    Super Girl .JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2017 backyard 1.JPG
    2017 backyard 1.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2017 backyard 2.JPG
    2017 backyard 2.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
u can barely see it laying in front of the trees but it ended up being a 36 yard shot as I left it until I ranged it this morning.....the coyote was straight out the back door when I first hit it with the light then ran parallel to the lake as it tried to bolt and got to this point right in front of the trees when I lit it up.........I didn't even make it out the back door when I shot...........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2017 back yard coyote shot.JPG
    2017 back yard coyote shot.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
intended to wait until about 8pm last night when the snow had stopped and I was going to walk around the lake now that its froze and hunt the other side.....looked out my back kitchen window about 7:50 and there are two coyotes on my beach right at the lake @ 40 yards......I grab the Benelli and start out into the garage leaving the lights off & I already have the door cracked open so I don't even have to turn the knob just quietly open it as I had it ready just in case any showed up.....then as I walk across the garage in the dark I kick a *#%#($&)#$ bucket...ahahahaa
tt2.gif
........needless to say when I get to the back door & get it open they are now out on the frozen lake.....one coyote is running straight away across the lake and the other sees my dog & is running parallel to the bank 20 yards out on the ice........first shot 60+ yards I hear the coyote yelp & next two shots were even further but nothing as I probably forgot to lead enough in all the excitement.....went out to try to track it & let my dog see if she could find it so we walked to the complete south end of the lake but NO GO.....the other coyote ran across the lake then warning barked us.........maybe next time......BANG BANG!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 11
been a cold couple weeks but we had to get out tonight and chase fur............set up in the same field I shot the first coyote of the year in that's about 75 yards wide 600 yards long with tall 4ft weeds on each side.......I was on the south end facing straight north call was 35 yards to my left on that side of field right against the brush and 80 yards out in front of me..........the wind was coming from that same side out of the southwest @ 12 mph......I get sat down in my chair and get my dog back & sat down & before I can even call I have my headlamp on & eyes about 150 yards out to the right just at the brush edge on the opposite side of the field but straight downwind of my flopping decoy with the rabbit pee on it............I hit it with the gun light but it didn't like it when I started to turn it up so I backed off.....I called rabbit for 15 minutes with nothing since I couldn't see those eyes any longer..........then I do a couple howls with a mouth diaphragm & spot eyes in the tall grass to the left 40 yards past the call about 5 minutes later so I got back to rabbit thinking maybe he came from further wanting the rabbit & kept concentrating my lights there trying to identify but it stayed about 5 feet inside the weeds...........then i see my dog alert back to the right looking on the direct opposite side of the field where I seen eyes at when I first sat down & as soon as I pan my headlamp back over to the right there comes a coyote out into the field about 125 /130 yards out heading right towards my caller & lighted decoy.......I stop the rabbit & the coyote stops & I lit it up right there........gotta say nothin like a good huntin partner as my girl spotted this one comin out before I did with no light..........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2018 1 1.JPG
    2018 1 1.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'm thinkin next year really making an effort during deer season both bow & gun/....... I may try my dads Thompson Contender with the Leupold M8 Gold ring scope............:sunglasses:

22lr 10" barrel coyotes behind the house with the Omega suppressor & sub ammo
7mm TCU 10" barrel coyotes if I can find ammo with the Omega suppressor
30-30 10" barrel with the Omega suppressor
35 Remington 14" barrel unsuppressed

got several months to test & tune so we shall see how all that goes.....be a decent gun to have up in the Guidos for easy use with some PUNCH.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 7
my red light on the Benelli in tonights mist & fog looks awesome out the back door like a Star Wars light saber
icon_lol.gif
...if your a predator don't find yourself on the wrong end of a Light Saber:dizzy:....I always mount my light on the barrels end to keep the light halo off me & my gun while calling at night
icon_wink.gif
.............BANG BANG!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
my Remy 223 fell over a few days ago so I went to the range today and made sure it was still dialed in TIGHT.......went out and made a few daytime stands with wind at 17/18 mph but I still found some great night time stands and had a great day in general with the weather..........night hit and we also made a few night stands.........second stand of the night was an exact repeat of the last hunt we took the coyote in the snow at same place same position same wind everything..........coyote came out before 3 minutes stood straight down wind I let lead loose and completely miss...........coyote bolts across the field angling what looks to be towards me as I try to watch it in my scope........as it gets to the complete other side it came from it gets to the weeds edge and starts straight towards me......I get another shell locked & loaded catch eyes again and let lead loose again........over DRT...........walk out to find that it went straight between the eyes and I couldn't have held the gun to its head and done any better...........it was 50 yards from the call & the call was 60 yards from me.............so I'm sure I didn't hold enough on the initial shot and under guessed the distance for sure as it was probably 150+ when I first shot & missed & 110 when I lit it up running towards me on the second shot...........I think next season I'm going with white lights ILO red as I feel white is much easier to judge distance and identify the animal obviously........she also cornered this baby opossum & I seen three SERIOUS bucks running behind a doe right before sun set......BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• DAYTIME 1 2018 1.JPG
    DAYTIME 1 2018 1.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DAYTIME 1 2018 2.JPG
    DAYTIME 1 2018 2.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2018 126181.JPG
    2018 126181.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 12620182.JPG
    12620182.JPG