• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any Trad Hunter interested in swapping some hunts?

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
I am definitely on the downward slope of my hunting career - figure I got maybe 20 good years left in me befor I am too old to hunt like I prefer to do. I have always wanted to hit some public land in a few more states.... especially if I have never hunted there before. ... what I am looking for is someone that would like to come down this way for a week long bowhunt with me, I will set them up in some of my top spots with prepped trees and marked trails (thinking a 5 day hunt), just ask that they do the same in return. I would love the chance to hunt MN or WI but open to any state. All I ask is that they return the favor - this could become a yearly thing as I would love to enjoy some hunts with a fellow trad shooter for a change. I always have a few trail pics of some giants that walk around - but this is not a push over hunt area - I have not released an arrow last year or this on a buck (although I screwed up 2 really great opportunities this year). PM me if interested and lets talk..... but beware I often use hip waders, kayaks and long walks to get into some secluded areas - I have all the gear needed down this way.

Last edited:
Heck i will string up the old bow just to get you to Tn to help me figure out this land around here! lol
all public land

Tenn is def doable. And it doesn't have to be trad - just don't want to cramp anyone's style and I need them really close ;)

Wish I could do this. Life has been too crazy with two young kids (2 and 4), a wife that is on call or working many nights and weekends, and an unpredictable work schedule myself (I missed most of November working in Qatar).

If you need advice on WI/MN, let me know. You may also want to consider IA, MO, NE, and SD. Most of my WI and MN hunting friends consider these premier destinations. Less pressure. Higher percentage of trophy animals. ND is worth considering as well. Less inches but lots of room to roam.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back