• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

words floating on air

It's crazy ain't it? My little girl just turned three and I can't imagine life without her. She told me the other day "daddy I'm gonna shoot a buck. Not a big one, a baby one!" I can't wait to get her out there. She LOVES catching "blue gittles" at the pond for now
c74baa77a0609e1a838cacaac1bd143d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really is! I love that pic!!! That is a girl who will bait her own hooks!

I took her out on a little hike in the hiking backpack in september. It was the middle of the day, it was hot and there was no animals so I had to find some excitement. I found a pile of deer poop, so I tell her its deer poop and that they've been there and this is what we look for. A couple weeks ago she wanted to lay with me in our bed before she went to bed, so I pretended we were camping and was talking to her about going camping next summer and looking for deer. Can you believe that she goes to me, and we'll look for deer poop daddy? She remembered and it blew my mind!!! Like I said, head over heels!!

It really is! I love that pic!!! That is a girl who will bait her own hooks!

I took her out on a little hike in the hiking backpack in september. It was the middle of the day, it was hot and there was no animals so I had to find some excitement. I found a pile of deer poop, so I tell her its deer poop and that they've been there and this is what we look for. A couple weeks ago she wanted to lay with me in our bed before she went to bed, so I pretended we were camping and was talking to her about going camping next summer and looking for deer. Can you believe that she goes to me, and we'll look for deer poop daddy? She remembered and it blew my mind!!! Like I said, head over heels!!

That's awesome! I definitely try to take my kids out as much as possible. She has been asking when we are going hiking or camping again. I just hope she never loses interest in that as she gets older!

Man that is awesome!! My little girl is 13 now & just took her first deer on a youth hunt a few weeks ago. What amazing memories! Very eloquent my good man, thanks for a glimpse into that moment.
I am a dad. God saw fit to bless me to be one to my daughter. I fail miserably at times, and if our time together continues in years ahead I am sure struggles will continue. Words will be said on both sides, hurt will exist, tears will fall, but love will forever be. I will be daddy no matter what.

On our hunt she and I sat aloft comfortably in blind. I had forgotten my phone, so there were no texts, no pictures or video, but during those few hours of beautiful fleeting golden light, she and I shared words and exchanges that are even more precious to mention. I told her about her ancestry, she asked me questions about various topics that have already crept into her innocence and I did my best to answer them with the limited wisdom that I have. I told her stories of my past, my life before momma, and some funny stories. We laughed in whispered hushes. Pauses in the conversation would occasionally take place, but even in that silence the air still spoke each as precious as those uttered.

I won't talk about the specifics of the actual deer and harvest, but once the shot was taken, she said "daddy feel my heart, its beating so fast!" Her heart, which was the first thing I heard before I even saw her face, thumped so hard and rapidly within her chest with eyes excitedly wide.

As we knelt over the deer she looked at me and said, "daddy do you know where else I would want to be right now?" I crinkled my forehead and raised an eye brow. She said "no where". Me neither baby.... me neither

View attachment 3471

That's awesome! I definitely try to take my kids out as much as possible. She has been asking when we are going hiking or camping again. I just hope she never loses interest in that as she gets older!

Mine never wanted to hunt, but used to fish. Proud day for me when she was 5 and I come home from work an she is unhooking a fish by herself on the dock. Now she is a 7 year old teenager and didn't fish with me at all this summer. But no matter where there interest lie, little girls a hold the most special places of their daddy's heart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So after some more thought last night. I'm reminded of how difficult it can be to find activities to do with our girls. It seemed easier when they were young, but the older she gets the more diligent I need to be in discovering what memories we can have together. I know every child is different, my son has always been easy to find common ground with from a toddler to 17. But this post really reveals that special bond between a daughter and her Daddy! It's convenient & exhilarating when their joy lines up with our passion. But in truth being a father is a much greater calling than any pastime we covet. So thanks again @noxninja, may we all be intentional as Fathers because they're gone before you know it!

Well done! This also hits home for me. I have 2 daughters now, 4 months and 5 year old. I too love the connection I have with them and look forward to sharing my passion with them. Congrats on a great hunt

Back