• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good morning! From the Deep South, salute!

SouthMsBowhunter

Howdy,

Been lurking a couple weeks now, and decided you guys and gals are a friendly enough group and don’t bite to bad.

I’m a Trad hunter looking to lighten my load as I gracefully “mature”.

I currently hunt really thick mixed pines and hardwoods and about a 50/50 split tree stands (climbers and lock on) and natural hides on the ground.

Really don’t know at this point if saddle hunting is right for me, but it is interesting enough to check it out.

If anyone is down in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area I would love to meet and try out a system, thanks

Welcome to the site

I dont know anyone that far south in Miss, got some in Louisiana, north Miss, Middle Alabama

check the saddle hunter map on the home page! Welcome. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks guys and G2 I’d seen your map earlier and will check it out further later, thanks again.

If you pay shipping and let me hold your American Express card I'll send a Trophyline your way an let you try to figure out the basics. Once you get the concept then any saddle you choose will be similar.

Huck,

Thanks for the offer, let me think on it and or see if someone pops up close by.

I’m thinking I may need more detailed instructions

After reading a few threads I’m confused what is required. Example Sit drag sling? Is this the entire harness attached to your tether?

It appears one can slide out easily

I’m thinking there must be more to it.

Things like this is where a one on one would help.

I thing I want minimal gear and still be safe as most others are seeking.

I'd be glad to send one.... just let me know.

Man I just moved from gulfport to near Birmingham. Could have showed you a few things. Keep reading the site and watch saddle videos on YouTube. Lots of guys here have great videos explaining everything.

Back