• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cranford Ezyclimb Tree Steps

ADP2413

Im curious to know if anyone is using the cranford ezyclimb rope tree steps both for ascending the tree and for the step platform to walk around the tree. I just bought 15 of them on sale and I was wondering what the saddle gang thinks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are tough. Putting enough of them on to climb is time consuming. They don't overlap great to use as a platform either. That being set, set them up and try them out. Maybe you can work out a system that will work good! The biggest upside is how nice and small they pack.

They are tough. Putting enough of them on to climb is time consuming. They don't overlap great to use as a platform either. That being set, set them up and try them out. Maybe you can work out a system that will work good! The biggest upside is how nice and small they pack.

I will give them a try , I am very comfortable setting up trees with ameristeps for having presets , so im hoping they are not all that bad , at least thats my thinking.... I really like how small they pack and at 9.5 ounces each I have to try them

I got a pack of them this year and found I couldn't get them tite enough for platform. They would kick out on me. Also the work great for climbing and easy to strap to tree. The problem I did have was on the take down, found it hard to get the ropes to release. Very tough when fumbling in the dark.

I got a pack of them this year and found I couldn't get them tite enough for platform. They would kick out on me. Also the work great for climbing and easy to strap to tree. The problem I did have was on the take down, found it hard to get the ropes to release. Very tough when fumbling in the dark.

For a platform , do you think removing the rope that is provided and looping the steps onto a lone wolf strap would work ?

For a platform , do you think removing the rope that is provided and looping the steps onto a lone wolf strap would work ?

I don't know, I will have to try it in the next couple days. I think a ratchet strap would work the best with them.

I use cranford strap on steps for a platform along with the top of my muddy stick. I have no issues with the steps at all. I do not use them to climb the tree, platform only.

Ok I just received my cranford rope steps , why didnt I get these sooner ... these are a game changer IMO for my far sets. The trick is just keeping the spliced portion of the rope to the outside when attaching to the tree. I see my lonewolf sticks will be staying with my lone wolf assault lol

I don't know, I will have to try it in the next couple days. I think a ratchet strap would work the best with them.

I know someone did this before on here and I remember pictures of bent hooks on the steps if you rely solely on the hooks. My recollection from the thread was that you have to put the ratchet strap over the riser part of the step itself. Please search for it to see what I mean. If it wasn't on here, then AT.

I have a set of these steps. Love how compact they are but wish I could get them tighter on the tree. They have quite a bit of play in them no matter how tight I pull the rope. I have hung aiders from them, too, with some success but still wish I could get them tighter to the tree. I put a cross piece on mine so I could hang my aider on it better and with that I could get both feet on one step. Not perfect, but workable.

If anyone works out a method for getting these super tight, please post it!

Ok I just received my cranford rope steps , why didnt I get these sooner ... these are a game changer IMO for my far sets. The trick is just keeping the spliced portion of the rope to the outside when attaching to the tree. I see my lonewolf sticks will be staying with my lone wolf assault lol

That's the trick. Take the time to do that and everything works great...

I know someone did this before on here and I remember pictures of bent hooks on the steps if you rely solely on the hooks. My recollection from the thread was that you have to put the ratchet strap over the riser part of the step itself. Please search for it to see what I mean. If it wasn't on here, then AT.

I have a set of these steps. Love how compact they are but wish I could get them tighter on the tree. They have quite a bit of play in them no matter how tight I pull the rope. I have hung aiders from them, too, with some success but still wish I could get them tighter to the tree. I put a cross piece on mine so I could hang my aider on it better and with that I could get both feet on one step. Not perfect, but workable.

If anyone works out a method for getting these super tight, please post it!
I just keep rocking the step (up and down) while pulling the rope until I can't rock the step any more. Gets pretty tight for me.

Back