• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pouch for ROS?

greg728

SH Member
Just curious how people transport their ROS into the woods and onto a tree? I’m sold on ROS after buying 3 treehopper steps to add to my platform. Probably going to ditch the platform all together and pick up a few more steps. I like the idea of having a pouch for them with a strap that I can carry on me or molle to my pack as I’m climbing. They’re definitely too big for the traditional dump pouches I see from the saddle companies. Any input would be appreciated

I just wrap the strap around all of them in a bundle. The carry strap I use to carry my sticks cinches them to my sticks. When I climb, I have a loop of 550 on them & hang them on my saddle, much as you would your sticks.

Just curious how people transport their ROS into the woods and onto a tree? I’m sold on ROS after buying 3 treehopper steps to add to my platform. Probably going to ditch the platform all together and pick up a few more steps. I like the idea of having a pouch for them with a strap that I can carry on me or molle to my pack as I’m climbing. They’re definitely too big for the traditional dump pouches I see from the saddle companies. Any input would be appreciated
What climbing method are you using? When I started saddle hunting I was using 3 lone wolf full length sticks (later added a 4th) and just strapping the ROS to the sticks and it made a pretty compact system. Once I ditched the sticks and went 2tc I just stow the ROS in the bottom of my backpack and pull them out when I am ready to deploy them at height. I think Eastern Woods Outdoors carries some pretty cool small packs/bags.

Attachments

• ROS on sticks.jpg
    ROS on sticks.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 2TC hunt kit.jpg
    2TC hunt kit.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 37
This may work.

Edit: Sorry, the Treehopper steps have sharp edges. They will poke holes in the fleece.

This may work.

Edit: Sorry, the Treehopper steps have sharp edges. They will poke holes in the fleece.

Smooth those corners off with a file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them in my backpack until I get to the tree. Then I hang them from a carabineer on my saddle for the climb.

Back