• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1/4" (Whoopie Sling Style) Amsteel Bridge ???

ckossuth

Vendor Rep
Anyone try this. Most of the Amsteel bridges I see posted have fixed length splices on each end and are not adjustable. In my mind you would have the benefit of the light weight of Amsteel and adjustability.

The reason you don't see it as often is that many people find the bridge length that works for them and stick with it. @bowhunter15 likes to wear his bridge over his shoulders on his walk, he might be switching to a whoopie for his bridge. Others who use SRT need a short bridge for ascending and it would be handy for them as well.

I have an adjustable bridge but not an amsteel whoppie. sling. I am going to try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a fixed amsteel bridge but might try this... what do you do with the tag end of the whoopie while hunting ?

I made a couple adjustable & fixed bridges at SaddlePalooza. It's easy to do!

What length Amsteel do you need to start with to make an adjustable one?

I made my first adjustable bridge out of an 8ft wild edge step rope and it seems about right after the locked Brummel splice on one side.

I've been using a fixed amsteel bridge but might try this... what do you do with the tag end of the whoopie while hunting ?

I make mine long enough to wrap the tag end around my back and tie back to my bridge for some support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there any reason that there should be some sort of stopper on the end of the woopie to keep the tag end from pulling out when there is no load on it. For instance when walking though the woods and snagging on brush or a similar situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The weekend is officially over.... where is the video? Lmao.

LOL - I got it all filmed, but didn't finish the edit. Family duties called...I had to take the wife and daughter to the MALL....KILL ME.

If I get off work at a decent time tonight, I'll finish it and post it tonight.

I demonstrated 3 versions in the video:
1: 24" Bridge with two locked brummels.
2. 24" Bridge with 1 locked brummel and 1 lock stitch capturing both loops on a Sitdrag
3. A secondary lineman belt aka whoopie sling.

I also went over all the tools and some helpful hints for making them work.

Back