• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear review: hold up suspenders

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
I needed suspenders for my kestrel after adding molle pouches. I found these on Amazon. They aren't the cheapest option, but I really liked the idea of the way the buckles worked and the fact that there are no reflective or shiny surfaces. I put them on this morning and really like them.

I attached them to the molle loops between the attachment loops of the pouches and then to the belt fairly close to the line man's loops.

I have to fill up the pouches with weight to see how they handle it, but so far, I am really impressed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00K591ZLO?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

4ee484a4e6ecb7e305956db8a5776dba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used something similar all fall they worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I was trying to figure it out. I thought you attached them with a molle loop reading through the post. Good deal. I’m waiting on the rain to stop so I can load up my kestrel and see how it hangs.

What size did you get? See, here I go again with the obsession of the sag....haha

Been thinking about this since I wear mine really low and loose for my lack of an ass. I find the 2 pouches for LB and tether plus a Doyle’s has me hiking it back up a lot walking in. I’m going to try ditching one pouch and flipping LB over my neck first - but the Doyle’s has some weight to it so I may need to check into these - I’ve already dropped $100 on stuff in first 5 days I have been home from saddlepalooza LOL

Been thinking about this since I wear mine really low and loose for my lack of an ass. I find the 2 pouches for LB and tether plus a Doyle’s has me hiking it back up a lot walking in. I’m going to try ditching one pouch and flipping LB over my neck first - but the Doyle’s has some weight to it so I may need to check into these - I’ve already dropped $100 on stuff in first 5 days I have been home from saddlepalooza LOL

That's all??? :p

Ok I was trying to figure it out. I thought you attached them with a molle loop reading through the post. Good deal. I’m waiting on the rain to stop so I can load up my kestrel and see how it hangs.

If you have no butt the kestrel falls down

Since you guys have the quick release leg loops, try clipping them together behind your legs, so your legs aren't actually through the leg loops while walking. If its anything like a RC harness, leg loops will constantly pull everything down as you walk.
Just remember to get them on right before ya start climbing....ive done that a couple times

Flipping your bridge or linemans over your neck works good. If it's falling too much in the rear, clip the saddle to your belt loop or even your pack. Those molle loops have a ton of uses. Be creative.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Since you guys have the quick release leg loops, try clipping them together behind your legs, so your legs aren't actually through the leg loops while walking. If its anything like a RC harness, leg loops will constantly pull everything down as you walk.
Just remember to get them on right before ya start climbing....ive done that a couple times
This is what I do too. It makes it way nicer to walk with the saddle on. The weight of the buckles pulls against you as you walk.

You guys are a bad influence. After thinking about it for awhile I think I'll have to drop 30 bucks on them. Thanks alot. lol

Back