• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Tree Seat Platform?

Kuenro02

Saw these while Menards today, $29. Thoughts on using one of these as a platform?

Attachments

• 20180116_121754.jpg
    20180116_121754.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 20180116_121800.jpg
    20180116_121800.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 184
There’s a few threads on this. The general consensus is that’s they’re considerably heavier than an XOP stand and don’t resist side pressure as well as the Ernie/XOP stand.

Cheers.

I picked one of these up today to play around with it. I have some ideas on how to modify it to be more stable as well as lighter. I believe the problem with side pressure is the stand-offs, but if you swapped them out for LW or XOP stand offs that should make a big difference. The advertised weight is 6 pounds, but if you exclude the seat and the ratchet strap that should bump it down. The platform itself seems pretty light. For $30 it's worth a shot. I've wasted far more than $30 on hunting stuff, what's 30 more.

I purchased one of these to try. I changed out the stand offs to the XOP stand offs and tried it out about a month ago. The seat seems to give a little when standing on the far outer edges, and standing and jumping on it. Some of the spot welds had broken on the inserts that the bolts pass through also.

I purchased one of these to try. I changed out the stand offs to the XOP stand offs and tried it out about a month ago. The seat seems to give a little when standing on the far outer edges, and standing and jumping on it. Some of the spot welds had broken on the inserts that the bolts pass through also.
Good to know! So what you're saying is don't jump on it...
Even if it doesn't work out as a platform I can still use it for turkey hunting so all is not lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back