• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Headlamp

I have used a Streamlight green/white headlamp I think its the "Buckmasters" edition for several years now. It is very bright when I want it to be and has low and mid green too. I think it may have been one of their first LED headlights. When I use a headlamp, I mostly use it walking in on public land so I don't get shot but I also use it for climbing up and down and I would say I would use the low-green setting 95% of the time, high green 1% and regular white 4% of the time. For blood trailing the green is horrible but the bright white really shows the contrast. I have accidentally turned it on in my pack before or cargo pockets of my field pants but not ver often. I always carry a baggy of spare AAA's just in case.

I know, right?....silly peeps who like to have a hands free light source....idiots

I've had the cyclops 1 I posted the link to for about a week and used for various tasks around the house (putting stupid Christmas decorations into the attic) and so far so good. I have half a dozen cyclops regular headlamps and I've had really good luck with them in the past...as long as the "conductive touch" part of the light is as good a quality as the other push button versions it should be a really good light....try as I might I can't get it at accidently turn on. No red option maybe a negative for some of u but I rarely use the red option when I had it available....
I certainly wasn’t trying to be offensive. But with al the study and proof it dumb founds me the amount of guys that buy the brightest light possible and bobble through the woods telling every deer in the area where they are. Remember they can see you at night so how do you think they do when you have a giant light strapped to you’re head? I stopped years ago using headlamps because there’s no control over them. And I stopped using white light not much after. A full green hand held light is all that’s needed at most imho. I only carry it for those real long morning walks. Aside from that I go in without a light and as soon as your eyes adjust you can see well enough unless of course it’s an overcast kind of day.

I failed to mention in my previous post that I try not to use any light at all if possible. You would be surprised how much you can actually see once you let your eyes acclimate to the dark. Granted, using a light while climbing up and down and while you're trying to ensure you are fastening in, using the right loop(s), is just smart technique from a safety perspective but if I can get away with it, I try not to use a light. Again, mostly i use one walking in and out on public so I don't get shot.

Stop fighting it. Get the zebra light.
For the fun of it I looked at their web site.
I want a light that uses standard batteries.
How complicated can they make a light???
Three levels of brightness and each level has 2 sub levels, whatever that means. No run times listed!!!
Sorry I get confused easily.

Zebralight is all I used for the last 5 years. Fabulous in every way and couldn't asked for more in a light. Battery life is ridiculous

Battery life is ridiculous
Been disappointed with the battery life on my Fenix HM50R, so I'm in the market for a new headlamp. Went to the Zebra site. I know I'm not the brightest headlamp myself but what does this mean?

Light Output (runtimes)
  • High: H1 Lm ( hr) or H2 Lm ( hr) / Lm ( hrs) / Lm ( hrs)
  • Medium: M1 Lm ( hrs) or M2 Lm ( hrs) / Lm ( hrs) / Lm ( days)
  • Low: L1 Lm ( days) or L2 Lm ( month) / Lm ( months) / Lm ( months)

Been disappointed with the battery life on my Fenix HM50R, so I'm in the market for a new headlamp. Went to the Zebra site. I know I'm not the brightest headlamp myself but what does this mean?

Light Output (runtimes)
That's what I was trying to say???

No questions....just buy 1 hahahaha

I think I'm gonna give 1 of the wrap around led strip headlamps a go. My buddy has 1 he always talking highly of

Shared before but 3 years in and it does exactly what I need, $20, and takes AAA batteries that I’ve never had die yet. I do
take them out at the end of each season and start fresh each year. I use the red light most often. One of the few things I have yet to overcomplicate. IMG_6452.jpeg

Light Output (runtimes)
Looks like it’s missing content. Those are all the settings without the actual numbers.

The settings sound confusing but are actually simple and intuitive and make the headlight in my opinion. Mine has been given work duty and lasted nearly a month on one charge of the quality 18650 cell.

I have another on order so I can keep one at work and one at home. Incredible headlights.

I’ve never had a problem with them turning on maybe once or twice if I pack it tightly somewhere, but most of the time it’s hanging or lightly packed so the buttons don’t get pressed, I’m including not just hunting but all the times I’ve had headlamps in the military and whatnot I’ve found just having it not stuffed somewhere helps with the buttons not being inadvertently pressed.

This is the most efficient way to ensure your headlamp doesn't accidentally come on in your bag or pack. Just put it around your neck. It's there when you need it in an instant or not and you can make sure it doesn't come on. Try it a few times and you won't even notice it's there.

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 14
This is what I have used for years for hiking and hunting. Simply push both buttons to lock out and then turn on. Several white and red modes, super lightweight, rechargeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Does your NU25 automatically dim after about 30 sec of being turned on, even with a full battery? Mine does this and I wrote nitecore support to ask about it and they said that’s normal. Kind of a let down to me. I don’t have any other headlamps that do that unless the battery is dying.

Back