• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey pacseat for deer hunting?

KYhunter66

SH Member
Anyone using Waldrop Turkey pacseat for deer hunting? I just ordered one. Robert Carter has a YouTube video and Jayson from tbwpcast just did a review.

Last edited:
I don't own one, but those videos did make my wallet nervous for a while, lol. I was sort of surprised by the size difference since I had seen some reviews on here that seemed to indicate that there was not too much size difference. I'll be interested to see what you think. I love the full size one I have, and I hunted out of it quite a bit this past season and had no trouble getting onto deer off the ground. Do you already have the full size?

I don't own one, but those videos did make my wallet nervous for a while, lol. I was sort of surprised by the size difference since I had seen some reviews on here that seemed to indicate that there was not too much size difference. I'll be interested to see what you think. I love the full size one I have, and I hunted out of it quite a bit this past season and had no trouble getting onto deer off the ground. Do you already have the full size?
Yes I have the regular one and really like it! I sold all my stands and I'm gonna stay on the ground with my pacseat and long bow. I was thinking the Turkey seat would work better for me and I like having a backup setup.

I have one on order as well and plan on deer hunting with it this fall with both the compound and long bow. I've been going back and forth between the full sized seat and turkey seat for a while now and Jason's video sold me on the turkey seat. I generally like to sit as low as possible when I'm set up on the ground, but there are definitely times when sitting up a little higher offers better visibility.

Yes I have the regular one and really like it! I sold all my stands and I'm gonna stay on the ground with my pacseat and long bow. I was thinking the Turkey seat would work better for me and I like having a backup setup.
I'll probably end up with one myself. I really like hunting off the ground now. I won't completely give up hunting out of the saddle because some of my prime spots warrant it but the simplicity, safety and ease of using the Packseat is hard to beat.

I have one on order as well and plan on deer hunting with it this fall with both the compound and long bow. I've been going back and forth between the full sized seat and turkey seat for a while now and Jason's video sold me on the turkey seat. I generally like to sit as low as possible when I'm set up on the ground, but there are definitely times when sitting up a little higher offers better visibility.
When did you order? I ordered on 4/17 I haven't heard anything yet it's was saying 27 in stock. Now it's saying 20 in stock I was hoping to get it quick I only have 2 weeks of Turkey season!

Last edited:
I’ve had the regular sized one since 2019. Haven’t found the need for the shorter one but I mostly use mine for archery turkey out of a blind and firearms deer season. Great piece of kit. Seems like the turkey seat will definitely have some utility as well. I have one of those BuckWing Products stools that gets higher toward the back as it sets against the tree to account for big roots for run and gun hunting. They were popular in the 90’s. It works well but is a PITA to carry unless you strap it to a pack or something. Definitely would not provide you the height needed for a long bow.

I have the regular pac seat presently. It works well when hunting from a blind. My teenage son has used it few times without a blind during this spring turkey season and stated he wished it was a little lower to the ground. I might purchase the turkey version, so we can both have a seat.

Last edited:
Barronett makes a turkey seat at a much better price point.
I’ve got a chair very similar to this, but bought it at the local Walmart. I’m in the process of replacing the broken rivets in the swivel portions of it. If the heads ain’t broke, its worn the holes out. It lasted all of a season between my son and me sharing it.

I have both the regular size and the turkey version. Bought the turkey one for my daughter. She loves it. It is too low for me to be able to shoot a bow without a lot of movement.

Also have the "Barronette" seat above. It came as part of the Ghost Blind bundle I bought. I had seen it previously but discounted it because I assumed it was going to be the same as the pacseat turkey version in terms of movement with a bow. I have changed my mind/tune on it since using it in conjunction with the Ghost Blind. Since the GB completely blocks movement, I will most definitely be using the "Barronette" chair instead of either pacseat version. In terms of comfort, it is way better on my rear end than the pacseats.

Maybe, but you get what you pay for. The baronett is made overseas, has a 1 year warranty (vs lifetime on the Pac Seat), weighs 2.5lbs more, can't act as a pack frame, and has no adjustability. It also looks like it would be almost impossible to shoot a longer bow out of, and less than optimal even for a short recurve, but I haven't sat in one. If you've got one I'd be interested in what bow you shoot out of it and what pros/cons you've seen with it.

I've got one very similar to that one that I rescued after a friend of mine chunked it in the bushes after a rivet broke. I took it home, fixed it and I have been using it for years with only occasional repairs. I prefer a very low chair like that for turkeys since I use a shotgun for them. I've shot quite a few birds and a couple of deer out of that kind, but I am thinking about the turkey Packseat for deer and hog hunting.

Maybe, but you get what you pay for. The baronett is made overseas, has a 1 year warranty (vs lifetime on the Pac Seat), weighs 2.5lbs more, can't act as a pack frame, and has no adjustability. It also looks like it would be almost impossible to shoot a longer bow out of, and less than optimal even for a short recurve, but I haven't sat in one. If you've got one I'd be interested in what bow you shoot out of it and what pros/cons you've seen with

I just wanted to add to the turkey seat conversation and throw out a cheaper option for guys to look at compared to the $225 dollar pac seat. I've had nothing but good luck with Barronett Blinds, their top shelf blinds are hands down the best in the market. Some American products are worth the cost, I have to pick and choose where I splurge and a chair isn't one of those things personally.

I just wanted to add to the turkey seat conversation and throw out a cheaper option for guys to look at compared to the $225 dollar pac seat. I've had nothing but good luck with Barronett Blinds, their top shelf blinds are hands down the best in the market. Some American products are worth the cost, I have to pick and choose where I splurge and a chair isn't one of those things personally.
I’m with you, I make the same judgement calls and they can go either way based on the value proposition. I’ve got a Baronnett blind I use for turkeys. Good blind.

The cabela’s one is like a lazy boy haha but to be fair I’ve been practicing drawing out of it and no issues with bow clearance. But movement for shot is limited

Back