• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fess up, who hasn't shot their bow since last season ended?

thedutchtouch

SH Member
I'll admit, mine has been in the closet for almost 3 months now. too long. Going to take it out this weekend to shake the cobwebs off. Then I need to get back to learning trad too, I've been letting too many other things (or being lazy with the practice) take priority. Season will be here before we know it!

Who else needs to get back to shooting practice?

That would be me. I had shoulder troubles last season (I think it was an impingement . . . self diagnosed) that prevented me from getting a draw on a buck that was right under me. I've tried a few times and still haven't even been able to draw my bow until just recently. I'm going to keep rehabbing for a while before I start shooting again this summer.

I’ve been shooting off and on because I love to shoot my bow but nothing serious and more for tuning and dialing in my bow for turkey. Hopefully after May I’ll be back on track for long distance shooting. Dealing with some vision related issues that is making shooting not as enjoyable.

Guilty. Need to retune mine and try some different arrows but... not today

I have not, and typically do not until early July, then it is daily. I get wrapped up in Spring work around the house and farm and just don't make time to shoot. When July rolls around, I get serious about cameras, mineral blocks and shooting.

Hahahaha, I have mini that I have only shot once when I got new Iron Will broadheads I wanted to check flight, it hit exactly where I was aiming at 30. It has been sitting ever since.

Been playing around with a new recurve a little but haven't picked up my Mathews since Dec. I usually get the itch to shoot some in the spring but don't get serious until about a month before the season starts. Then I go all out, even shooting from height dressed for hunting. I have been shooting a bow for so long now that I can pick it up after not shooting for months and still am able to put one in the kill zone at 30 yards.

Weather has either been nasty or to much other stuff to do. Some days I start to think get rid of it just use the crossbow. But used market on everything seems low. So not worth selling it.

Guilty…… take solace in that you’re not alone. Only so much time… I focus on the kids and housework in the off-season. Hoping to chase a bird or two in May. I’ll start shooting again mid-summer

I shoot a few times a week, mostly with a trad bow. I had arrows for my compound come in yesterday. I fletched and cut two last night. I'll start tuning this weekend.

That would be me. I had shoulder troubles last season (I think it was an impingement . . . self diagnosed) that prevented me from getting a draw on a buck that was right under me. I've tried a few times and still haven't even been able to draw my bow until just recently. I'm going to keep rehabbing for a while before I start shooting again this summer.
I just started using this power pull (with weights) and it seems like it will be beneficial for rehabbing and strengthening archery muscles. After 8 hrs in the tree in December what was easy in September can be a challenge.

Last edited:
Normaly i have more time than others do to go scouting, shooting,gear junkying,and trolling on saddle hunter because my job is seasonal.but i have been clearing land and working on building my own house. so my hands are full....cant even beleive i filled my last two tags some how.most high has his own plans and is never late even when i am...i know i dont like exscusses either.i gotta find more time for this tic toc hand dancing.

Ouch. I'm guilty. I put my bow away the week of the Indiana Firearms Opener, and it's been collecting dust ever since.

Looks like this weekend would be a good time to drag out my targets from storage and start tuning myself up for October.

Guilty of not shooting enough.
Not Guilty of not shooting at all

Back