• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack for a LWCG .5?

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
I'm looking for a basic pack to strap onto a .5
Something that is fairly minimal as far as straps and pockets go.
This is not for putting the stand into a pack, it's for strapping a pack to the platform, sitting on the seat/shelf.
Something around 13" wide and 16" tall.
I'd like shoulder straps to be fairly minimal because most of the time the pack would be carried while strapped to the platform but also available if I ever want to just carry the pack without the platform.
The packs I see on the LW site don't interest me.
I do see some interesting packs on some military surplus websites but I have not seen any of them in person. Gotta have it in hand to see the details.
Anyone have suggestions for such a pack?
Thanks in advance.

Side note about the .5
I wish LW would have designed the shoulder straps to be quick-detach. Sometimes I want them on there and sometimes I'd like to easily remove them.

That Hill People Gear Connor for sale in the classifieds might work.

Kifaru E&E they may be available from a couple places that sell Kifaru, but I’ve seen them recently on ebay also.
My brother and I have been running them for 4 years or so and we like them.

Kifaru E&E they may be available from a couple places that sell Kifaru, but I’ve seen them recently on ebay also.
My brother and I have been running them for 4 years or so and we like them.
That's more of the style I'm looking for.
I just want basically a single main compartment, if it has minimal interior or exterior pouch or 2 that would be okay I guess.
I don't want a hip belt and I want the shoulder straps to have little or no padding.

I use a Kifaru guide lid. The top handle goes right into the a lot in the .5 and I use the backpack straps (which are sewn at the top and have itw style buckles at the bottom) to secure it to the stand. Late season my outer layers get sandwiched between guide lid and stand. Works great. I sometimes attach a belt pouch to the molle on the outside if I need extra space/organization.

I use a Kifaru guide lid. The top handle goes right into the a lot in the .5 and I use the backpack straps (which are sewn at the top and have itw style buckles at the bottom) to secure it to the stand. Late season my outer layers get sandwiched between guide lid and stand. Works great. I sometimes attach a belt pouch to the molle on the outside if I need extra space/organization.
Pics?

Mystery ranch in and out sounds like it would fit the bill, I use one with a .5 and I like it a lot.

Also, for quick release removable shoulder straps, check these out.
TX5 makes them for elevate (but doesn't sell them on their own sight for some reason). I often take them off, and stuff them in my pack while I'm hunting.

I really like the small Asio Gear bag. It works great on the .5 and also works great when I swap it up to a saddle and platform. I can’t even count how many packs I’ve bought and sold since I started down the saddle hunting path in 2018, but I’m satisfied with the this one and pretty much cured me of pack shopping.

Last edited:
The JX3 pack is pretty good. The camo material is the soft suede type, so it's quiet. The harness comes on and off easy. 20240501_081548_1.jpg_compressed - Copy.JPEG20240501_171430.jpg_compressed - Copy.JPEG20240501_172210.jpg_compressed - Copy.JPEG

Warm weather, really any cheap small pack/book bag will do. When it gets cold, I use a Fanatic pack I got really cheap. Fleece packs are nice, and I'm surprised there aren't very many available anymore.

Warm weather, really any cheap small pack/book bag will do. When it gets cold, I use a Fanatic pack I got really cheap. Fleece packs are nice, and I'm surprised there aren't very many available anymore.
I got my fleece pack I'm using at Wal Mart about 30 yrs ago. I can't find another one. I wouldn't trade it on a new $300 pack. It's so cheap it doesn't have a name on it.

Back