• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buying scentlok

Ozone doesn't recharge carbon, it just kills odor causing bacteria. Carbon catches stink passing by it(to some degree or another)...ozone has nothing to do with that

Only sure fire way, throw your stuff in the dryer....then add more carbon. (Not in your dryer though...I mean shaking your clothes and carbon inside a storage bin) Like this dude, but he goes super extreme

few season worth...
https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Ch...eywords=food+grade+coconut+activated+charcoal

Holy Cow! Dr J must get up on Monday so he’s ready to hunt on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of posts on here with people complaining about the price of scentlok. I completely agree on their full prices. NEVER buy scentlok at full price. You can search their weekly deals, sign up for their email offers and buy it at the end of season and in the offseason. I rarely pay more than 1/2 price for any articles of their clothing.
Also check throughout the year, they just had a garage sale: trinity bibs and winter parka system 3 for 70% off.

Googled it yes they did on July 6th.

Scent blocker made quality clothes I hate it that they filed bankruptcy and scent loc has now bought them. I can only hope they continue to make their clothes.

Googled it yes they did on July 6th.

Scent blocker made quality clothes I hate it that they filed bankruptcy and scent loc has now bought them. I can only hope they continue to make their clothes.

They are

I am looking for a good cold weather suit and the 50% off sale caught my attention. I bought the scent lok Legacy Vortex Fleece suit on clearance but, I am looking for something warmer. What is the warmest jacket/pant set that Scent Lok makes? I am looking for something for those 0-20 degree mornings.

I am looking for a good cold weather suit and the 50% off sale caught my attention. I bought the scent lok Legacy Vortex Fleece suit on clearance but, I am looking for something warmer. What is the warmest jacket/pant set that Scent Lok makes? I am looking for something for those 0-20 degree mornings.

I just realized the only late season jacket/pant combo they have in stock is the Cold Blooded suit. So I guess my questions is. How warm is it?

I just realized the only late season jacket/pant combo they have in stock is the Cold Blooded suit. So I guess my questions is. How warm is it?

I have heard it's plenty warm but has noisy shell material. The covert deluxe would be second runner up but I have found I just can't stay warm with that suit below 20F, even with good layering. It just doesn't pack enough insulation for the job.

Just went to the site, ofc nothing in my size, guess that's what I get for waiting til the end of the week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love my coveralls that I got last year. Lightweight I can layer under and when I am done they fold back into themselves and make a bag.
Do you really think the coveralls help? I've read Eberharts books and he goes to the nth degree on driving in to dressing at the truck before he leaves. I just wondered if anyone wears the coveralls as you do with success with deer down wind. Dan infalt just uses milk weed to see wind direction. I ain't sure that unless one goes to the nth degree on packs and all its not going to be enough and 500 bucks for ozonics is alot for me to pay.

Do you really think the coveralls help? I've read Eberharts books and he goes to the nth degree on driving in to dressing at the truck before he leaves. I just wondered if anyone wears the coveralls as you do with success with deer down wind. Dan infalt just uses milk weed to see wind direction. I ain't sure that unless one goes to the nth degree on packs and all its not going to be enough and 500 bucks for ozonics is alot for me to pay.

Controversial topic.
IMO.
Both Dan and John are successful
I expect Johns method of scent control works if you are meticulous and thorough. If not it is likely a waste of time. A
Personality type such as a perfectionist lends itself to Johns method.
I listen to both men and use scent lok to reduce scent
Deer get killed using Johns and Dans methods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Controversial topic.
IMO.
Both Dan and John are successful
I expect Johns method of scent control works if you are meticulous and thorough. If not it is likely a waste of time. A
Personality type such as a perfectionist lends itself to Johns method.
I listen to both men and use scent lok to reduce scent
Deer get killed using Johns and Dans methods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ontario, my friend I’m going to have to disagree with you this time.
I cannot imagine anyone still says Scent loc don’t work. To what degree it works can be a topic of discussion. Any reduction is a reduction.
I also think that anyone that doesn’t know where the wind is going or how it is going to affect your hunt won’t be very successful. (Unless you are on Johns level of scent control)

I took John and Dan's great debate as. Since I am not as good of a hunter as Dan or John, I need all the help I can get.
So I plan on getting back into the Scentlok ways (Johns Method) and attempt to hunt close to buck bedding with the right off wind (Dans Method)

When I am bow hunting. I have always dressed at the truck or after the ATV’s ride.
Muzzle loader I am more lax. Running dogs I tend not to even worry about it.

Then again, I used to watch my Dad smoke a camel cigarette while deer hunting and kill big bucks. No lie.

All depends on how pressured the deer are. Hunting public lands today deer have become educated. Much more pressure, I believe deer are more educated today on public lands than they were 30-40 years ago.

There are fewer hunters todsy per capita, but there are less public lands and private lands to hunt.

From my years of hunting I believe playing the winds is still critical even with the scent control in place. We used wash our clothes in ivory soap. We would take a bar of ivory soap and shave it with a cheese grader. Once washed we would hang dry outside. Then we would smoke the clothes with pine bows. Put in a plastic bag. To keep scent free. Very tedious.

For bow hunting I always used a cover scent on my boots. Trunk of my car would reek of raccoon urine. LOL

Back