• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Moving to Washington sometime next year

donnieballgame

Well, now that I'm all settled in Northern Virginia and Saddle hunting, I found out I'm moving yesterday. It will be sometime early next year, and I won't know the exact timing until I get orders. We're moving to the Seatle WA area, I looked on the map and noticed there are 2 other SH's in WA area(@tinpusher, and@Lone Bow) so I'm gonna have to get the low down on the area. I did some light reading on the hunting regulations, raffles etc and it seems a little confusing, lol.

If anyone has any experience/advice for hunting in that area(Pacific NW). I'm working in the Whidbey Island area(see picture below) I would really appreciate it.

I'm a little excited about some of the game out there, Roosevelt Elk, bears, sheep!!

Attachments

• PortTownsend.JPG
    PortTownsend.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 35
I grew up in North Idaho right outside of coeur d Alene. It's a different style of hunting out there to be sure. But lots of animals. I head that way for an elk hunt almost every year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I grew up in North Idaho right outside of coeur d Alene. It's a different style of hunting out there to be sure. But lots of animals. I head that way for an elk hunt almost every year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I seem to remember something about that down at Saddlepalooza, maybe we can do a NW Saddlepalooza, lol.

I think they do, there are four subspecies and we can hunt 3.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01806/wdfw01806.pdf

Looks like only Black-Tailed where I'll be living, Eastern WA for White-Tailed and Mule deer.

That's cool having a few different types to hunt! And it looks like you will be less than 200 miles(as the crow flies) from the Eastern whitetail spots. That's less than it takes for me to get up north to the Upper Peninsula. Excited for you, sounds great!

Have you checked out Hunting Beast? After reading the description of the 3 huntable types, sounds like hunting the buck's beds will be a benifit, especially the blacks and whites.

Well, now that I'm all settled in Northern Virginia and Saddle hunting, I found out I'm moving yesterday. It will be sometime early next year, and I won't know the exact timing until I get orders. We're moving to the Seatle WA area, I looked on the map and noticed there are 2 other SH's in WA area(@tinpusher, and@Lone Bow) so I'm gonna have to get the low down on the area. I did some light reading on the hunting regulations, raffles etc and it seems a little confusing, lol.

If anyone has any experience/advice for hunting in that area(Pacific NW). I'm working in the Whidbey Island area(see picture below) I would really appreciate it.

I'm a little excited about some of the game out there, Roosevelt Elk, bears, sheep!!

Looks like a really cool place. I’m jealous. Always wanted to see the NW Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's cool having a few different types to hunt! And it looks like you will be less than 200 miles(as the crow flies) from the Eastern whitetail spots. That's less than it takes for me to get up north to the Upper Peninsula. Excited for you, sounds great!

Have you checked out Hunting Beast? After reading the description of the 3 huntable types, sounds like hunting the buck's beds will be a benifit, especially the blacks and whites.

I've watched a few of the hunting beast videos, I will certainly watch more that is a good point, always good to learn regardless in my humble opinion!

Looks like a really cool place. I’m jealous. Always wanted to see the NW Coast.

Yeah, I'm kinda pumped, my wife, however, isn't, lol. @bongo, if you want to plan a trip up there to hunt you have a base camp! I was telling my wife we might need to get a boat with all of that water around, the potential for fishing and crabbing looks awesome!

I've watched a few of the hunting beast videos, I will certainly watch more that is a good point, always good to learn regardless in my humble opinion!
The Hunting Beast Forum is to hunting tactics what this forum is to saddle hunting, IMO. Dan's videos are great, but the amount of shared knowledge on the forum is truly priceless...even if your game isn't necessarily bed hunting. Just like here, many humble hunters willing, and wanting, to share tips and tactics to the eager to learn! A good group of guys.

Yeah, I'm kinda pumped, my wife, however, isn't, lol. @bongo, if you want to plan a trip up there to hunt you have a base camp! I was telling my wife we might need to get a boat with all of that water around, the potential for fishing and crabbing looks awesome!

I think they have clams and mussels too. Thanks for the offer you never know. They might have fly rod opportunities like steelhead and salmon very cool place. I would be pumped.

If people in Washington are like people in California you will have tons of free time. lol . Growing up in Ca I always felt like people were rude but i realized as i got older they were just very direct and didn't spend much time chit chatting. It may take sometime to get used to.

I think they have clams and mussels too. Thanks for the offer you never know. They might have fly rod opportunities like steelhead and salmon very cool place. I would be pumped.

Yeah, lots of fishing opportunities, I need to read up on steelhead at first glance it seems promising, 2 runs a year, so you can almost fish them year round.

If people in Washington are like people in California you will have tons of free time. lol . Growing up in Ca I always felt like people were rude but i realized as i got older they were just very direct and didn't spend much time chit chatting. It may take sometime to get used to.

Well having lived in CA on multiple occasions, I am familiar with folks out there, I'm bummed to hear that WA folks are like CA folks.

Well having lived in CA on multiple occasions, I am familiar with folks out there, I'm bummed to hear that WA folks are like CA folks.

Whoa, I said “IF” please don’t let me put a cloud on this! That wasn’t my intention at all!

And yes IMHO Ca does suck except for it’s outdoor opportunities. There are places in Ca I think everyone should see in there lifetime just most of the people suck. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, lots of fishing opportunities, I need to read up on steelhead at first glance it seems promising, 2 runs a year, so you can almost fish them year round.

Steelhead searun Rainbows. Most are fished with two handed fly rods called spay rods 12’ to 14’ for long casts. Never got to fish them but some of my clients used to go every year. For them it was like hunting the rut.

Back