• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st sit of 2017!

hickstick

20171118_142337_001.jpg
Embarrassed to say this is my 1st hunt of 2017. Bit at least I finally got out. Lol. Taking the new kestrel for its first spin too.
So far so good. Now I just need some luck.
46vduwgsb

Our season is over, so you got me beat. I'm waiting for my Kestrel. Think I'm going to be doing a lot of just hanging around behind the house. Thinking of making it a game, see if the kids can find me!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Im out right now, Its colder then a witches nipple. Wind is making me have motion sickness, 25 mph and 33 degrees is cold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Our season is over, so you got me beat. I'm waiting for my Kestrel. Think I'm going to be doing a lot of just hanging around behind the house. Thinking of making it a game, see if the kids can find me!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This is the last week of bow season in MA. A week from tomorrow starts a 2 week shotgun season, the it's muzzleloader thru the end of 2017. You can (and I usually do) bowhunt straight thru you just have to wear hunters Orange.

Dont sweat the fact that you have to wear blaze orange.
I was bowhunting hogs in a SC WMA one year in March.
Wearing hip wadders I worked my way through some deep water to a hammock that was oriented correctly for that days wind. As I wadded through, 3 deer walked about 25 yards from me along the solid ground. I was wearing a orange vest and an orange ball cap and they had no idea I was even there. Standing in black swamp water that basically covered the only camo that I had on was "eye opening" for me - they really cant see orange and there was nothing between those deer and me other than some SC skeeters and the smell of Copenhagen.
...Then again, perhaps I found a blind deer leading a pair of dumb@$$es in that swamp? What is it, by the way, that tells the deer they are out of season...

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Dont sweat the fact that you have to wear blaze orange.
I was bowhunting hogs in a SC WMA one year in March.
Wearing hip wadders I worked my way through some deep water to a hammock that was oriented correctly for that days wind. As I wadded through, 3 deer walked about 25 yards from me along the solid ground. I was wearing a orange vest and an orange ball cap and they had no idea I was even there. Standing in black swamp water that basically covered the only camo that I had on was "eye opening" for me - they really cant see orange and there was nothing between those deer and me other than some SC skeeters and the smell of Copenhagen.
...Then again, perhaps I found a blind deer leading a pair of dumb@$$es in that swamp? What is it, by the way, that tells the deer they are out of season...

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I never do Scott. Although I prefer Orange when there is snow on the ground. Think it blends in better. I just hate not being able to wear my Asbell Wool :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back