• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2014 Deer Contest Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
We are going to have a simple deer hunting contest this year. Please post in this thread if you would like to participate. You will be allowed to enter the contest until August 25th (anyone with a season that starts earlier will be allowed to enter any kills prior to that date as long as the rules are followed. The team structure will be determined as we approach that date depending on the number of entries.

Rules:
1. The kill must be out of a saddle style stand, any legal weapon is allowed.
2. Whitetail, blacktail and mule deer are permitted.
3. Does are worth 5 points, bucks are worth 5 points + 1 point for each antler point 1 inch or longer. A photo of any questionable points is to be provided.
4. A photo of the completed tag is required for each submission.
5. A photo of the hunter and saddle (either laying on the ground or on the hunter) with the full body of the deer is required for submission.
6. The contest will end on January 31st, 2015.
7. The team with the most points wins.

All required information is to be posted in the "Official 2014 Deer Contest" Thread.

Prizes:
As of right now there are no prizes. This is purely for bragging rights. :cool: This is subject to change.

Entrants (as of 8/26/14):
redsquirrel
akira7799
Bigburner
Rg176bnc
Sniper4hire
Boudreaux
Sparrowhawk
Mark
Bowhunterchuck
Drew4ya
UpstateArcher
ArrowSmith
100rollie
LoneRanger_26
RackSteady

Sure. Why not. Iguess it would be a good measure of all the time put in for this upcoming season. If I kill a buck in relation to the time spent scouting this year it should be around 300" :lol:

Bigburner said:
Sure. Why not. Iguess it would be a good measure of all the time put in for this upcoming season. If I kill a buck in relation to the time spent scouting this year it should be around 300" :lol:
:lol:

Slight modification on the rules. #5 has been changed to:

5. A photo of the hunter and saddle (either laying on the ground or on the hunter) with the full body of the deer is required for submission.

Sniper4hire said:
I'm in (unless John Eberhart gets in it. Then nobody has a chance. LOL)
I'm with Sniper..... As long as John stays out I will be in :D, that is unless he is on my team :lol:

If John enters, the contest is worth staying in just to hope he lands on your team! ;)

Deer are supposed to have antlers? :? Never seen any of those.....

Thanks,
Boswell

UpstateArcher said:
I'm in! I'll one up the photo with a filmed hunt. Good luck all!! only 39 days left until my NY opener!

Welcome to the site! :D

Only 24 days to go here in Jersey! I may or may not get a hunt on film this year. I will be using the insane archery mount on my bow but my number 1 priority is shooting the deer, filming comes 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back