• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2015 trail cam pictures

Rccordrey

Can you show some of your pictures this year? Here's what I got so far.
1bd04367c58dbbf3fd09a9ac0a64e05d.jpg
73dce23e68fd97a37d938b05ec8667ed.jpg
ed4e6886f0e8a475fd0741f9116eb1ab.jpg

You guys got some bruisers there!

I'm way behind the game this year with zero cameras out right now. I was going through my cameras last night and putting them all in bear boxes because I'm tired of the bears destroying them! I'm going to stay away from the areas I plan to hunt this year. I'm going to put a few out in new spots to check activity for future years. I also plan on putting a few out in some spots and letting them sit undistrubed all season.

Is that 2 piebalds or does the second one just have some bare patches?

First a little story...

Last season I had a tree prepped for my saddle on the hard-to-get-to side of a small creek. I only hunted it once because I was concentrating on a different buck. At the end of the season when I went to get my stick ladders and Ameristep platform out of the woods I bumped into another hunter setup on the easy-to-get-to side of the creek. He was pulling his setup down as well. Our trees were only 40 yards apart separated by the creek. The creek was so thick and overgrown that you couldn't see 40 yards during the pre-season when I setup the tree. After the leaves fell and autumn set in he could see my ladder sticks across the creek.

We began to chat about the season and he mentioned that he couldn't figure out how I was hunting out of such a weird tree. Also he couldn't believe that I would go through the trouble of lugging a lock-on stand in and out of that spot every hunt. That's when I showed him the tree saddle and explained how it worked. Mind blown. He went on to tell me about how jealous he was of my setup because every time he hunted there the deer were all around my tree but they rarely crossed over to him where he could get a shot.

That got me curious enough to go back in and put out the trail cam.

Besides a bunch of does and small bucks. I got this fella. For where I hunt on pressured public land, this is a VERY good deer. I'll spend a little more time on this side of the creek during hunting season.

LZb-oi_PsMDTWgkQa6M40CQDu2MjWLNU3sLn4He207cl7P2zmAspZefat6pGd9GBWyG0dyIkJCO3YFY=w1896-h835-rw

FlXJU6cPhDoNBXXrJUG-AwIlCmbHJsgCI-Y9QTmSUZdGJ8V6Tuc1HDbWs5XjCbnMeMXoPTbjkFROdyw=w1896-h835-rw

g2outdoors said:
First a little story...

Last season I had a tree prepped for my saddle on the hard-to-get-to side of a small creek. I only hunted it once because I was concentrating on a different buck. At the end of the season when I went to get my stick ladders and Ameristep platform out of the woods I bumped into another hunter setup on the easy-to-get-to side of the creek. He was pulling his setup down as well. Our trees were only 40 yards apart separated by the creek. The creek was so thick and overgrown that you couldn't see 40 yards during the pre-season when I setup the tree. After the leaves fell and autumn set in he could see my ladder sticks across the creek.

We began to chat about the season and he mentioned that he couldn't figure out how I was hunting out of such a weird tree. Also he couldn't believe that I would go through the trouble of lugging a lock-on stand in and out of that spot every hunt. That's when I showed him the tree saddle and explained how it worked. Mind blown. He went on to tell me about how jealous he was of my setup because every time he hunted there the deer were all around my tree but they rarely crossed over to him where he could get a shot.

That got me curious enough to go back in and put out the trail cam.

Besides a bunch of does and small bucks. I got this fella. For where I hunt on pressured public land, this is a VERY good deer. I'll spend a little more time on this side of the creek during hunting season.

LZb-oi_PsMDTWgkQa6M40CQDu2MjWLNU3sLn4He207cl7P2zmAspZefat6pGd9GBWyG0dyIkJCO3YFY=w1896-h835-rw

FlXJU6cPhDoNBXXrJUG-AwIlCmbHJsgCI-Y9QTmSUZdGJ8V6Tuc1HDbWs5XjCbnMeMXoPTbjkFROdyw=w1896-h835-rw

Photos didn't post. I went in and tried to go to the link directly but I couldn't, so I'm not sure if its just the link or the posting also. Let me know if I can help.

Well I set up on this flat-top ridge and placed a camera out on some private land. I put up my ladder sticks so I don't have to carry anything but my bow. Checked the camera and low and behold some nice Connecticut Bruisers. I know I have 3 of these 8's out on this property as of right now. September 15th can't come sooner!!!!!

Attachments

• 08310509.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 212
  • 08300301.JPG
    08300301.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 08300336.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 212
Back