• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2016 deer contest submission thread

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So team 2 is officially on the board. I took this doe tonight around 6pm. She came in with about 7 others which really put the pressure on. Any movement they would lock in. She began to quarter away at about 11yds and I blasted her double lung pass through the front shoulder. She went about 40 yds and piled up. Had to wait to get home for the photo and now she is skinned, quartered, and hanging up. Team 2 woo, now waited for that big buck.

You win a special prize. First recorded deer of the year.

You get a free Sit and Drag with belt sewn in and the ends sewn together.

Will be next week before I get to it - not because I'm busy but because I'm lazy in the anticipation of getting busy. Either way, Congrats.

Thanks guys it was a hell of day yesterday. Went out in the morning and had 5 come in. Trying to self film is really hard and I learned real quick you have to be slow with movement and anticipate where things will happen to some extent. Coming down I put my bow in my sling instead of using my rope and it fell 20ft. Ran home and had to get everything fixed up. So I was super stoked rebounding from that with a kill last night

Oh no deer season is my life!! I got to get my does and then pressure is off to hunt the big guys.

Well done!!!!! But now I'm mad:mad:
Time to hunker down and get some points.

View attachment 1252 View attachment 1253 View attachment 1254 So team 2 is officially on the board. I took this doe tonight around 6pm. She came in with about 7 others which really put the pressure on. Any movement they would lock in. She began to quarter away at about 11yds and I blasted her double lung pass through the front shoulder. She went about 40 yds and piled up. Had to wait to get home for the photo and now she is skinned, quartered, and hanging up. Team 2 woo, now waited for that big buck.
Way to go team 2! Congrats, thats a nice big doe! Blew my shot at one last night. Gotta regroup tonight to get back out there.

Heres that buck I had under my tree

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 94
You win a special prize. First recorded deer of the year.

You get a free Sit and Drag with belt sewn in and the ends sewn together.

Will be next week before I get to it - not because I'm busy but because I'm lazy in the anticipation of getting busy. Either way, Congrats.

I feel so cheated !!!!! I would have snuffed a doe last week if I would have known what was at stake here !!!!! Lol
I do however see a deer meeting its maker for team 1 this weekend!!!!
Now if the deer just cooperate this weekend here in TN!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel so cheated !!!!! I would have snuffed a doe last week if I would have known what was at stake here !!!!! Lol
I do however see a deer meeting its maker for team 1 this weekend!!!!
Now if the deer just cooperate this weekend here in TN!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ill be in my modded sitdrag hunting Saturday afternoon it will be my first ever saddle hunt! Im shooting the first decent doe I get a shot at, well I may wait a little but we will see I really wanna get one in the bag and focus on bucks after.

Back