• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Activated Carbon: I have proof it works!

cozy23

If you have babies you know how much their dirty diapers can stink. Especially after they've sat in the trash can for a few days (the diapers not the babies).

Well I bought a bag of activated carbon to use for hunting this year but never did. But the idea came to me after opening the trashcan and about falling out from the smell. I just took the carbon and shook a little (maybe a tablespoon) into the trash can. Came back a couple minutes later the smell was GONE.

Try it. It really works.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Where'd you get your activated carbon?
Found it on Amazon. There's all kinds of it on there. The one I got is from "Moody Zooks" or something like that.

Found it on Amazon. There's all kinds of it on there. The one I got is from "Moody Zooks" or something like that.

Now put it in your dryer and see if it reactives it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some that is applied dry. Put it in a container with clothes and mix it up.

I've seen some that is applied dry. Put it in a container with clothes and mix it up.

I have done that too but it is messy. It works.

I’ve used activated charcoal a number of ways - most of these methods come from the carbon synergy product videos or other online videos:

- sprinkle in a tub with gear and shake it up
- mix it with a couple gallons of water in a bucket, dip clothes and hang on line to dry
- mix with water in garden pump spray bottle and spray it on
- mix with corn starch and use as boot powder
- use it dry as face paint

Yup, there’s no doubt that this stuff is messy, but it adsorbs odor amazingly well.

I’ve used activated charcoal a number of ways - most of these methods come from the carbon synergy product videos or other online videos:

- sprinkle in a tub with gear and shake it up
- mix it with a couple gallons of water in a bucket, dip clothes and hang on line to dry
- mix with water in garden pump spray bottle and spray it on
- mix with corn starch and use as boot powder
- use it dry as face paint

Yup, there’s no doubt that this stuff is messy, but it adsorbs odor amazingly well.

X2

The debate isn’t whether or not it works, it’s whether it works over time. A dryer doesn’t get hot enough to reactivate the carbon. They use activated carbon in body bags. I’m in the cremation business and I’ve tried time and again to ‘reactive’ a bag and it does not work.

Back