• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Hunter Adjustment

CharlieRayT

Got my new Aero Hunter today. Out of box you can tell quality is top shelf. First thing I noticed was how tightly it squeezes my not so small belly. The rigging plates kinda dig in right under my rib cage. I know it'll take time to adjust. Any advice on relieving the belly pinch?

I replaced the rigging plates with petzl open rings. For my bridge I bought a tight spliced piece of bandit line and put a ropeman on the other ring. I don't know how much that will help, but the things don't have sharp edges like the plates and are smaller. Plus it lets you use a ropeman without a carabiner rattling on the plate

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:)I try to keep the saddle low on my butt and legs only about 6 inches from my knees. so the belt is not rib height and then I try to have the pressure even throughout. I initially had my bridge too long it is now 24 inches and fixed. Sometimes I run an additional back belt under my arm pits. I have often unhooked the lower buckle... since I think it is mostly to keep the saddle up when walking into a stand. I loosen the leg straps so pressure is minimal and then tighten slightly. I have my leg straps crossed. Just keep playing with it . It took me 10- sits to get it the way I want. I seldom touch it much now. Also one of the straps adjust your angle from more upright to leaning back. How you adjust it is personal. Are you a leaner or a sitter. Where does the pressure bother you most.
I did not change the rigging plates but would like a picture of what Ernie did. Always looking for improvements. I doubt you need to change the plates until you keep playing with it .

Watch the new tribe videos and how Boswell adjusts everything. The video is very slow but does explain the adjustments. I have nice round abs or some call it an abscess:) That is some of what I do but I do think it is hightly adjustable to fit all body shapes and you may do somethings different than me. I am 5 10 inches 200 pounds if that helps
And loosen the top belt and adjust the rigging plate outward

Last edited:
I did adjust the rigging plate strap out a bit. That took them away from me some. I'll find that sweet spot I know. Cool part is I have all summer. I plan to do a lot of photo sits too so I'll be ready when bow season gets here

I don't have the bridge yet (it's on order, but the tight eye splice will go on one side and the tail will go through the ropeman with a stopper knot. Does that make sense?
97356a5b4cf59fb31364112135b6e736.jpg
4ebced8a21de51e0a68bda2b03f3e8ee.jpg

I don't have the bridge yet (it's on order, but the tight eye splice will go on one side and the tail will go through the ropeman with a stopper knot. Does that make sense?
97356a5b4cf59fb31364112135b6e736.jpg
4ebced8a21de51e0a68bda2b03f3e8ee.jpg

I'd love to see a pic of that in action. Just ordered my ropeman last night.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Work on you strap adjustments but if it is cutting into your belly, loosen up your waist strap. The paws shouldn't be cutting into you. I only use the waist belt for walking in, then I completely loosen it, same with the other strap across the waist. Try making sure the seat portion is around your butt.

Ernie power... Genius. Let us know how it works!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ernie power... Genius. Let us know how it works!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I haven't hunted with it yet, but playing around in my basement, I can already tell I'm going to like it. Depending on my tether height, I find that adjusting my bridge can add to comfort. I also really like the idea of making the bridge really short for rapelling down.

I don't have the nice pre spliced rope yet, but I can take some pictures using a rope tied on one end.

I'd love to see a pic of that in action. Just ordered my ropeman last night.

Here are the pics I promised. Notice the left side isn't spliced yet. My real rope hasn't arrived yet.

09c985a1f4da052145648366c9f6c5e6.jpg

31b4e3a425dc6a73b417396d806b320e.jpg

Here are the pics I promised. Notice the left side isn't spliced yet. My real rope hasn't arrived yet.

09c985a1f4da052145648366c9f6c5e6.jpg

31b4e3a425dc6a73b417396d806b320e.jpg

So the rings are going to be more comfortable than the rigging plate in theory?

I got my spliced eye for my adjustable bridge today. I'm going to like this.

e79dd34ac762ce73d9789a7081670762.jpg

That's the exact set up I need for the linesman belt I got from you. How do those rings work or do you have a link?

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Are those some kind of split ring ...??? Wondering how you connected it to your eyesplice.
If so, do you have a link for them...? Loops like a great way to construct linesman loops for a treesaddle.....

Very nice! I may give this a go. So you just replaced your rigging plates with these?

Exactly. I didn't want the carabiner on my ropeman rattling on the rigging plate. I figured why have extra parts if you don't need them

Back