• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ameristep strap on step recall information

Thanks swamp. I have looked over and over and cannot find a date anywhere. I wonder of all steps were stamped with a date

See the 08. That's a recall step

d9ac4b146c9a0f80b409aa8663b64021.jpg

Never mind. I didn't see your sentence until I posted.

Yes. It is recalled.

In that case I have two Recalled Ameristeps for sale. These are collectors so I will take $50 a piece plus shipping.

Maustypsu said:
Never mind. I didn't see your sentence until I posted.

Yes. It is recalled.

In that case I have two Recalled Ameristeps for sale. These are collectors so I will take $50 a piece plus shipping.

LOL I have 4. I'll sell my collector items for $49ea!!! Get them while they last!

I would keep your recalled steps if you have them guys.. If we figure out how to recast these steps you will have a perfect template to make a mold from.

redsquirrel said:
I would keep your recalled steps if you have them guys.. If we figure out how to recast these steps you will have a perfect template to make a mold from.

Red, I found some paperwork that came with the Tree Suit. It is great. Basically the instructions were like a cheap office photo copy. Perfect for a historical collection of production saddles. Also the original purchase receipt.
I can send you one of these steps and that paperwork if you'd like.

Maustypsu said:
redsquirrel said:

Red, I found some paperwork that came with the Tree Suit. It is great. Basically the instructions were like a cheap office photo copy. Perfect for a historical collection of production saddles. Also the original purchase receipt.
I can send you one of these steps and that paperwork if you'd like.

If you could send the tree suit instructions that would be great! I fiddled around with it and said I'm gonna need to talk to someone who has used one lol, but the instructions would be great! I will also post them up on the site because we've had a few people asking about them in the past :cool:

I have a bunch of ameristeps so I don't need one, but thanks for the offer!

redsquirrel said:
If you could send the tree suit instructions that would be great! I fiddled around with it and said I'm gonna need to talk to someone who has used one lol, but the instructions would be great! I will also post them up on the site because we've had a few people asking about them in the past :cool:

Haha. Now I don't feel like a complete dummy. I tried to figure it out with ZERO tree swinging experience. With few resources online and nobody locally, I wasn't ever going to figure it out.
Offer stands... if you do figure it out and something is missing, I will buy it back. In the mean time I will get those instructions out in the next few days.

Maustypsu said:
redsquirrel said:

Haha. Now I don't feel like a complete dummy. I tried to figure it out with ZERO tree swinging experience. With few resources online and nobody locally, I wasn't ever going to figure it out.
Offer stands... if you do figure it out and something is missing, I will buy it back. In the mean time I will get those instructions out in the next few days.
LOL. No worries on buying it back, I at least wanted to add it to my saddle collection, and I'm sure I will figure something out anyways.. especially with the instructions!

Thanks for your help guys. I have 11 steps aquired from 3 different sources and none of them have a date stamp.

Reactions: PJC
Whistlepig2 said:
Thanks for your help guys. I have 11 steps aquired from 3 different sources and none of them have a date stamp.

Could you post some pictures of these steps? Some close ups too? I have never seen any without a date stamp. (not doubting you, just want to add this to my knowledge base).

Here are pics of 4 different steps. I did find a stamp on the only step I did not check. So I have 10 steps with no stamps and one step with an "03"

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
I'm guessing that they are early steps before they started putting dates on them, but I really have no idea.

Well, I just strapped four like this onto my recalled step's strap with the OCB. I will hunt out if it tomorrow evening most likely.

So if you guys don't hear from me in a few days, you will know these steps should have been recalled too!

I don't understand why a company has not come out with something like these as there seems to be a high demand for these steps.

I had some but sold them because I couldn't get them tight enough on the tree.

Back