• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel bridge

Bowhunter41002

If I am going to make a fixed amsteel bridge on my saddle how do I attach it permanently to each side of my saddle?

c0e8e6540a3e8fe86d637b698baba294.jpg
07c80f52a0732d4ba78313b2e3ab8dea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size amsteel is recommended for the bridge

Why don't more saddle hunters use a amsteel bridge? I'm very familiar with amsteel from hammock camping, it is extremely strong and light, seems like a good fit for saddle hunters.

So I do i get the loops on both sides? I can do 1 no problem just don't understand how to make the 2nd

So here is how I did it. Make the first side. Measure from the loop end and make a mark for your bridge length. Fold the rope with your mark at the top. Make marks 2 and 3 in the splicing guide. From mark 2 make mark 1 and plus one fid length cut the rope. From mark 3 make mark 4 then just follow directions as you normally would. You have to know where you want your eye and reverse mark it. It's pretty easy.

I cannot express this enough measure, measure, measure then cut. You can not make a cut rope longer but you can keep splicing until you get the length correct.

So here is how I did it. Make the first side. Measure from the loop end and make a mark for your bridge length. Fold the rope with your mark at the top. Make marks 2 and 3 in the splicing guide. From mark 2 make mark 1 and plus one fid length cut the rope. From mark 3 make mark 4 then just follow directions as you normally would. You have to know where you want your eye and reverse mark it. It's pretty easy.

I cannot express this enough measure, measure, measure then cut. You can not make a cut rope longer but you can keep splicing until you get the length correct.

I wish I could figure it out. I don't like stitching my second loop.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

How does it work once you capture the Sitdrag loop? Seems like you'd have to pull the entire SD through the Amsteel.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

How does it work once you capture the Sitdrag loop? Seems like you'd have to pull the entire SD through the Amsteel.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Good question, I have only done this a time or two for other applications but I don't remember pulling the loop through the splice like in this video so maybe it was another Knot I had tied and the video I watched was mislabeled online

You can NOT do a one side fixed brummel splice amsteel with anything in the loop,you either use a biner or petzle open loop on one side or you do a splice that is not brummel(run tag sideways through hole made in braid,then come back through a second time from other side)and bury tag into hollow braid.If you do this,STITCH IT and wrap it to be sure it wont slip on you.

Back