• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel Daisy Chain Rope Mod for Climbing Sticks

Thanks guys, I really want to try this on my xop platform once I get some more amsteel

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I really want to try this on my xop platform once I get some more amsteel

How much is Amsteel? Is it purchased by the foot??

You can buy it by the roll or per 10'-25'. Look on eBay and hammock gear supply vendors.

BC, any idea how much you used per stick? Double the length plus knots...

Would webbing daisy chain work. Maybe while using the one stick method attaching the tag end to your saddle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great...might have to try that on my heliums. 7/64? Must be some tough stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can buy it by the roll or per 10'-25'. Look on eBay and hammock gear supply vendors.

BC, any idea how much you used per stick? Double the length plus knots...
I probably used a 5 ft chunk, but I want to go longer once I order some more amsteel.

Looks great...might have to try that on my heliums. 7/64? Must be some tough stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Supposed to have 1600lb breaking strength, and most cam buckles have 300lb. I feel very safe.

Would webbing daisy chain work. Maybe while using the one stick method attaching the tag end to your saddle ?

I've never tried, but I'll watch the video if you do!

I was trying this after last season with some chains I made out of dyneema slings. Its a definite bust for one-sticking. Either too tedious to get the tightest loop over the versa button or you hang it loose and the stick settles too far killing your gains. Either way it adds time to your climb and that's the last thing you want to add.
Speed of a strap buckle is worth its weight in gold for one-stick method

However for a set of sticks these chains seem to work fine. Even used them a few times on a platform, but gave that up in fear of it failing from side loading

That looks like a pretty slick set up. Are you worried about the metal chafing the rope at all? The breaking point on that Amsteel is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

@BCHunter, great job! I think this the best and safest way to use amsteel to hang sticks that I have seen yet!

I agree with you, I think this will work amazing with a versa button! My only concern with the way you are doing it right now is that if your foot catches the stick and pulls it up as you go to the next one that the loop may come off and the stick may fall.

Good stuff! :D

That looks like a pretty slick set up. Are you worried about the metal chafing the rope at all? The breaking point on that Amsteel is incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Not really worried about too much chafing, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

@BCHunter, great job! I think this the best and safest way to use amsteel to hang sticks that I have seen yet!

I agree with you, I think this will work amazing with a versa button! My only concern with the way you are doing it right now is that if your foot catches the stick and pulls it up as you go to the next one that the loop may come off and the stick may fall.

Good stuff! :D
Thanks, I may try wrapping it around another time, that should make it pretty safe when you cinch it down.

Back